OTA select duplicate channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I *THINK* translators are being done in the same time frame. And what do you mean by "on the way to 3.0"? Transmission equipment is being sold as "3.0 ready", but there are still a lot of steps before it's wide spread. Go try to buy a 3.0 receiver. And 2020 is a little over a year away.

Yes, but at nearly 70 a year goes by pretty darn fast. :). I have read that the first 3.0 conversions will be like a HDMI stick that will include the new tuner. Our local translators are 34 and under so that will not affect us. I know several CE's in the Portland area are waiting for 3.0 as they will be able to add more channels. I way a TV station can make more ad money.

Reactions: pattykay
I seem to recall reading that ATSC tuner boxes should come on the market in 2019.

I think the price will be “interesting” until someone subsidizes them.

Anyway, it’s a chicken or the egg kind of scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Yes, but at nearly 70 a year goes by pretty darn fast. :). I have read that the first 3.0 conversions will be like a HDMI stick that will include the new tuner. Our local translators are 34 and under so that will not affect us. I know several CE's in the Portland area are waiting for 3.0 as they will be able to add more channels. I way a TV station can make more ad money.
CE's really don't have much of a choice on when they go to 3.0. That decision will come from corporate. :)

I agree the first 3.0 receivers will be some kind of stand alone box that can hook to the TVs (sort of like the digital converter boxes that supported analog TVs a decade ago).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)