OTA Signal Strength Hopper 3

ljdonato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 21, 2008
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Haven't found this anywhere. Anyone knows how to consistently check the OTA signal strength of any OTA channel (on Hopper 3)? Need to check some weak signals while amplifying them...

Thanks.

If the channels are already scanned in: Menu > Settings > OTA Channels
Then, just highlight the specific channel you want to check, and a signal strength bar will appear.

Thanks crodrules. It's strange. That's the first place I went to check, obviously, but the signal strength did not appeared. I tried two or three times. After reading your response I went back, trying to find out what I did wrong, but without doing anything different than before, the signal meter appeared, where before it didn't. Must be a bug...

Thanks a lot for your fast reply.

If the channels are already scanned in: Menu > Settings > OTA Channels
Then, just highlight the specific channel you want to check, and a signal strength bar will appear.
I can corroborate that there is a bug. Sometimes the signal meter appears, sometimes it does not. Darn, sometimes it even disappears while scrolling the OTA channel list from channel to channel...

Reactions: comfortably_numb
I also have the hopper3
I see the same problem as above on the ota signal strength but I also see another problem with the ota adapter.
Sometimes when I select a channel from the guide it searches for the channel and says no signal even though it is showing 100% while it is searching. I can go up or down one channel and back to the desired channel and it will then work. Has anyone else seen this problem?

I also have the hopper3
I see the same problem as above on the ota signal strength but I also see another problem with the ota adapter.
Sometimes when I select a channel from the guide it searches for the channel and says no signal even though it is showing 100% while it is searching. I can go up or down one channel and back to the desired channel and it will then work. Has anyone else seen this problem?
Yes, and it is not just on the Hopper 3. The message that displays is the satellite signal loss message (not an OTA signal loss message) and it happens most often when changing from a satellite channel to an OTA channel. It is a bug.

The signal loss that my hopper3 shows is the ota signal. That is what it shows on the popup.
Last night I watched a movie on epix and when I tried to go to an ota station, it would not go to any ota stations. It said ota signal loss.
I did a reset with the red button and then all ota channels were back.

The signal loss that my hopper3 shows is the ota signal. That is what it shows on the popup.
Last night I watched a movie on epix and when I tried to go to an ota station, it would not go to any ota stations. It said ota signal loss.
It must work differently on the Hopper 3. Here is what I see on my Wally:
0808181151-00.jpg

"Error 002
The satellite signal has been lost..."
Notice that it is on an OTA channel (068-01) but it does not say OTA signal loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)