OTA Stations Program Guide Issue After Repack

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The funniest thing about this is when Dish had the Pal Plus Dvr for ota , I had psip data on all channels . So it can be done for their receivers if they wanted to. They just choose not to do it. What happens when and if they upgrade to the latest new ota standard 3.0 for delivery of a 4K signals? We will then need new ota dongles again and they probably will not have any guide data, unless DISH orders it.

Keep in mind that PSIP goes away with ATSC 1. ATSC 3 has something fancier, “Signaling and Announcement” about which I know next to nothing. I’m not even sure how much of it goes OTA and how much via broadband.

Supposedly will make much fancier EPGs possible. Considering how little broadcasters seem to care about PSIP today, I see ?little reason to expect them to make extra efforts in the future.

So I aske why does every one KEEP dish thay have nothing too offer and have nothing too offer for quite some time now ??
Why do you KEEP posting the same thing over and over in a thread that has nothing to do whatsoever with what you are talking about? Now, if by "nothing [to] offer" you mean additional / corrected OTA guide data, then you may have a point, but you need to be more specific and / or post in an appropriate thread.

Unfortunately DISH will nto let me regiter. I'll bet that Scott wishes he had thought of that.

Unfortunately DISH will nto let me regiter. I'll bet that Scott wishes he had thought of that.
What happens when you try to register on Dish's site? For some reason, their site would not let me start a new thread about this issue, so I ended up posting in the existing thread about guide data issues in general. At first, I even had trouble trying to get that posted, but eventually it let me post.

Several OTA stations in my market recently repacked. For example, our Fox affiliate now technically broadcasts on the same frequency as the PBS station.

Since the repack, the repacked stations now show incorrect data in my program guide on my Hopper 3.

So, I’m seeing programs twice for my PBS station in my grid. One under their correct call letters, and the other is under the call letters of the Fox affiliate.

Any known way to fix this?

That will stay that way until Dish updates their program guide. That is where the OTA comes from

Yes he is. Mental difficulties or not, that is EXACTLY what he is. He lives under a bridge.