OTA sub channel

budhead151

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2007
I have a 722k with ota module. The local station added Metv on a sub channel a few weeks ago. Why does it not show up in the Dish on screen guide? Their other sub the CW does. Would like to record some old shows.

Our local ME TV channel doesn't have guide information just Digital Service in Dallas. I guess DISH doesn't feel it is important enough to give them space in the data stream.

I have a 722k with ota module. The local station added Metv on a sub channel a few weeks ago. Why does it not show up in the Dish on screen guide? Their other sub the CW does. Would like to record some old shows.
You can set manual timers to use your 722K, I use Tivo for local OTA they have guide info.

How can I record a digital ota sub channel with the hopper? If it's using a manual timer, I have never tired that before?

I posted the procedure in another thread about problems with the ota sub-channel recording
Press the record button three times, move over to Manual Timer Press select. Set your start and stop times and press Create.

Did the sub-channel exist before and they changed from network "?" to MeTV a few weeks ago ? If they just physically added the sub-channel and then put MeTV on, you will not get guide data.
They just added this sub. I can also get the Syracuse MeTv and that has the guide data, but they don't run all of the same shows, reruns of the local news, and such.

I posted the procedure in another thread about problems with the ota sub-channel recording
Press the record button three times, move over to Manual Timer Press select. Set your start and stop times and press Create.
thanks..am sorry I did not see the original post

That would be 9-2 in Syracuse. On my epg, it doesn't say MeTV but looking at 10-2 here in Rochester I see the same programing and it is labeled MeTV.

Generally, if Dish does not carry the sub channel over satellite, they do not carry the guide data.

There are exceptions, of course, but they are the exception, not the rule.

Generally, if Dish does not carry the sub channel over satellite, they do not carry the guide data.
That's sorta true.... If, a couple of years ago, the station had the sub-channel in place and Dish carried the main channel (the -1 one), they will show the guide data. Dish carries no sub-channels in my market over satellite but many have guide data. That is, the ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and PBS station's sub-channels.

Now, if the station added the sub-channel in the past two years or made certain changes, it won't show up. For example, the local PBS switched around their -3 and -4 sub-channels and the guide data is now wrong. If they simply changed the sub-channel from "MyTV" (and it had guide data) to MeTV" or whatever, those should be okay and will show guide data.

My local CW channel was changed from OTA 8.2 to 8.3 and ever since, no guide data. The local ABC affiliate replaced it on the 8.2 channel with guide data even though it's effectively a sub-channel to the CBS affiliate on 8.1. don't think data is coming back for the CW. Programming on the local CW is far better than the national feed carried by Dish & the inability to see the content really sucks but, it appears to be what's in store when changes are made now.

Email dishquality@echostar.com and inform them of the changes to your ota line up ,guide data ,etc. That will be the fastest way to get it resolved. You will have to keep email them and updating the situation till something is done. I've done this over the years to get my home town locals guide data fixed as well as Houston too.

Reactions: foghorn2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)