OTA sub channels

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
No, I think Claude means 61 channels in all for the entire headend system, satellite and OTA ...

8 primary OTA channels (with guide info.)
27 secondary OTA sub-channels (*without guide info.*)
4 satellite delivered HD channels (with guide info.)
16 satellite delivered SD channels (with guide info.)
6 more satellite delivered SD channels (with guide info.) from the COM 2000 system which provides guide data for both systems....

Total = 61 channels

In the above it's the 27 OTA secondary sub-channels without guide data for some reason are the problem ....

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

If that's the case he needs to call Directv. The guide data is there, the COM system just isn't picking it up for whatever reason. Maybe there's a configuration change that needs to be made, or maybe its software can't handle subchannels for some reason.

And BTW, pardon my ignorance of these headend systems, but is this a COM 1000 system without (save for 1) the COM 24 plugin receiver cards. But uses individual DIRECTV STB receivers?

And what is an "H35" receiver?

And 16 H25s that only provide SD programming?

Also, I guess there was a mistake earlier in the number of zeros posted. And should have been a "COM 200" chassis which is providing guide data for the COM 1000 system. As well as providing an additional 6 religious channels from what I assume is a single installed COM 24 plugin card in a slot on the chassis perhaps?

No, I think Claude means 61 channels in all for the entire headend system, satellite and OTA ...

8 primary OTA channels (with guide info.)
27 secondary OTA sub-channels (*without guide info.*)
4 satellite delivered HD channels (with guide info.)
16 satellite delivered SD channels (with guide info.)
6 more satellite delivered SD channels (with guide info.) from the COM 2000 system which provides guide data for both systems....

Total = 61 channels

In the above it's the 27 OTA secondary sub-channels without guide data for some reason are the problem ....

Yes no OTA guide data for the 27 sub channels.

Now granted I knew that getting into this project that I wouldn’t face guide data.

Just wondering if Directv has guide data for those channels since they where supported on a LCC or AM21

They're definitely available to the AM21 or LCC, I think it's just the software on the com system isn't using it.

Slice gave a list of the stations with sub-channel data for Detroit. This is from the data feed pulls that is done at the edge cutter forum. He copied Detroit into this post #12:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)