OTA Subchannel fails to schedule recording.

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Hi all, I have a USB OTA module connected to my HWS and it works fine. I am no longer to select a show to record from an OTA subchannel. It goes through all the steps but no icon is placed on the show and it iosn't recorded. This has worked fine in the past. Has something changed? Thank you, Alan Rovner

That's a known problem that has been around for a while. The work around is to set manual timers for ota until the it gets fixed.

Sent from my iPhone

To the OP, this has been extensively disxussed in prior threads. If you want to record on the sub-channels you need to create a manual timer. Once on the show, press the record button 3 times., move over to Manual timer, Press select, then adjust the Frequency and then Create.

Reactions: navychop
The known issue is listed as Scheduling Fix. So the bug has been corrected, we are waiting for a release date to get it out to receivers.

Thanks for the news Jason, its been since June/July since we've been waiting for a proper response and announcement that it will be fixed.

I think I get them a little earlier, as it's an employee account. I know they like to use employees as the week prior betas. I miss being an actual beta tester. Got them like 3 weeks sooner. There were times I was 3 software versions ahead. That was great.

Basically all summer long the sub channels haven't been able to do name based recording . I sure wish that DISH would do a software update that fixes that one thing and nothing else. NO applications added, no new features, nothing but name based recording for sub channels.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)