OTA timer did not record extended time.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
On Sunday nights due to CBS football, I have always set an OTA timer with a one hour extension for The Good Wife (in addition to PTAT). Had always worked in the past, but not last night. Just recorded for one hour from the supposed 9:30 start time. I don't have to have PTAT off for the night for it to work correctly, do I? I don't recall having to do that in past (last spring).

On Sunday nights due to CBS football, I have always set an OTA timer with a one hour extension for The Good Wife (in addition to PTAT). Had always worked in the past, but not last night. Just recorded for one hour from the supposed 9:30 start time. I don't have to have PTAT off for the night for it to work correctly, do I? I don't recall having to do that in past (last spring).

Didn't use to. When I first got my Hoppers I had timers set for all our favorate PTAT shows and ran with the PTAT turned on too with no issues. After I started trusting PTAT I don't set PTAT timers any more. Are you saying that The Good Wife PTAT satellite channel did not record too? Was it a manual OTA timer you sat?

Didn't use to. When I first got my Hoppers I had timers set for all our favorate PTAT shows and ran with the PTAT turned on too with no issues. After I started trusting PTAT I don't set PTAT timers any more. Are you saying that The Good Wife PTAT satellite channel did not record too? Was it a manual OTA timer you sat?
No, the sat channel recorded (but would have missed much if Madame Secretary did not get an encore following). No, the OTA timer was not manual, and yes, it's an 01 channel.

I have that problem with manual OTA timers, -01 and -02 and I don't use PTAT. A fix is coming "soon" for setting OTA via the guide; I hope they fix this also.

I have that problem with manual OTA timers, -01 and -02 and I don't use PTAT. A fix is coming "soon" for setting OTA via the guide; I hope they fix this also.
I have no problem setting from the guide on the 01s, but just not extending. Was wondering if it was related.

No, the sat channel recorded (but would have missed much if Madame Secretary did not get an encore following). No, the OTA timer was not manual, and yes, it's an 01 channel.

I would guess the OTA timer issues the Hoppers are having was the problem. I tried a regular PTAT OTA (01) timer out couple of nites ago and it still is not working for me. Run a test tonite with a manual timer set up for your 01 channel and see how that works out for you.

The start early/end late timers haven't worked for quite a while. I think the firmware that couldn't record OTA correctly was the culprit that broke them. It was reported but it wouldn't hurt to notify DIRT and report it again.

Reactions: BBCInc
The start early/end late timers haven't worked for quite a while. I think the firmware that couldn't record OTA correctly was the culprit that broke them. It was reported but it wouldn't hurt to notify DIRT and report it again.

Anyone else still seeing this on OTA? Seemed to me it worked ok 4 months ago but now extended time does NOTHING. It ends on the hour. No confilcts. Any workaround? There are certain shows that always go over. This is annoying.

I played with this using regular channels as well. While I have other recording extending 1 minute. There is nothing I can do to get this one particular show to extend for any amount of time. It is an ABC show (Dancing with the Stars). I am losing it as to why this particular show will not extend.
7:00-9:00pm Central. Recording one other show from 8:00-9:01pm central on the same night on Fox and that seems to extend the one minute fine.

Update: I always had this show as priority 1 or 2. I put it at bottom priority and it extends. Any ideas? Seems like it can be duplicated pretty easily. Bug? This workaround still does not work on OTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)