OTA Upgrade/Setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

masurati

Original poster
Apr 7, 2008
Silsbee, TExas
Hello To All,

Have a question here but I need to explain first.

I am a board operator in a plant where I have to sit in a room for 12 - 16 hours with nothing but computer screens.

Currently myself and the other board operators have a regular antennae setup that runs through a coverter that allows us to watch it on the PC Monitor. I cannot install a tuner card in the PC for obvious work privacy problems. ;)

Have been reading and I have not come across a solution so I am asking now.

How do I change the antennae that we have up on the roof so that we can receive the new HDTV/DTV signals that are being broadcasted in our area?

I need help with the correct equipment in order to watch this on a PC monitor.

Thanks for any help you provide.

JW

welcome :wave

I moved this to the OTA/HD forum so its in the correct area.

(on a side note...silsbee, TX huh? That's where WWE wrestler Mark Henry is from. I thought it was a "staged" town to live in...like parts unknown :D

You probably do not need to do anything to the antenna. Can you tell us where you are and what stations you are trying to receive? Also whattcan you tell us about the antenna? IS it a UHF/VHF antenna or just one or the other? What "converters" are you suing now to receive TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts