OTA with antenna possible?

I don't see how as I'm a good distance away from the towers.

Bummer...It sure sounds like a faulty preamp to me neutron.I'm assuming that you do have it wired correctly?I mean its pretty straight forward the outside amp mounts to the mast ant in should go to the connectors of the antenna.Then antenna out should go to the antenna in of the inside amp then out to the tv.Is the outdoor amp pretty close to the antenna?

It doesn't matter if I have it right on the antenna or inside the house. Same result.

Sure sounds like a bad amp then.Mine worked great first try and I have had it for 2 plus years.Hopefully wherever you got it from will be easy to return it.

I bought it online through Summit Source. Sucks I have to pay for shipping to exchange it and they determine if they will replace it.

I bought it online through Summit Source. Sucks I have to pay for shipping to exchange it and they determine if they will replace it.

Yea that does stink.I have bought from them in the past and they seem like a decent comp.

Before returning it you should try two things. First try bypassing your grounding block and flat coax. That means preamp at the antenna with coax to power injector then coax to tuner. Second try the preamp with a different tuner like the one directly in your HDTV or find someone with a tuner box you can borrow. Also you could try moving the power supply away from any other noise generating electronics or plug it into a different circuit.

I have the power supply plugged into my surge protector. Would that make a difference?

Jason as a suggestion start a new thread or add the information to your grounding thread. With 5 pages of information it may just be adding confusing information.

Exactly what is your current equipment?
What is your zipcode?
What stations are you receiving without the pre amp?

In December I moved about 7 miles North of my previous home to zipcode 75459 that puts me in the 60 mile range from Dallas towers. At my previous address I was using a 30 dB amp on a small Winegard antenna with great results. Now that same antenna with the same amplifier is overdriven. Reception with out amplification is great on most of the channels. I did lose some low power ststions with out the amplifier but the 4 major networks were overdriven with amplification My guess is I gained just enough elevation to make a difference.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)