OTA with Dish Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ok let's see if I have this right.

This what I have right now ( that dish installed )

Outside the house coming off the dish there are 2 wires.

One goes to a diaplexor (sat in)

out goes to the dvr.

Tv out goes to tv 2

On the back of the dvr there is a diaplexor and a separator.

The other dish wire goes to tv 3 & 4 ( I do not need to touch those).

So outside where do I connect the new diaplexor for my antenna?

Inside where do I need to connect the new diaplexor?

It sounds like the installer might have used diplexors to feed tv2. In other words they are feeding the TV2 signal back up the sat cable (maybe to a tv box on the side of your house) and then into the tv2 room.

The others are right about no digital OTA tuners in your boxes, are you wanting to use analog ota or do you have a tv with a digital tuner?

Last edited:
What I was trying to do was add another diaplexor to connect and OTA antenna to get the HD locals without running another rg6 wire under the house.

I guess I will run another rg6 under the house and then outside. The antenna I use right now is a white radio shack hdtv antenna. I works ok inside but I do get some drop outs. My guess is that by moving it outside it will work better.

You could try adding a splitter/combiner to each end of the run after the diplexors. The splitters lose some of the signal strength so you may need the new cable anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts