OTA

jrat69

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
Southern Indiana
If I put the OTA tuner on a hopper, can I see the OTA channels on the Joey's? If I have 2 Hoppers will I need 2 OTA Tuners? I haven't upgraded yet, but thinking about it. I don't have Internet at either TV, Will they connect wireless to my router?

Also, wireless connect to internet is not reliable as hard wired, either via Cat5 or HIC. My installer would not do wireless...went with HIC.

If I put the OTA tuner on a hopper, can I see the OTA channels on the Joey's? If I have 2 Hoppers will I need 2 OTA Tuners? I haven't upgraded yet, but thinking about it. I don't have Internet at either TV, Will they connect wireless to my router?
The new Hopper w/Sling has built-in wi-fi. The original Hopper requires a dongle (available for $25 from MyDish, or possibly for free during install.) The Joey uses the Hopper's internet connection, as long as bridging is enabled on the Hopper.

Never mind the wi-fi naysayers. If you have a solid connection to your router, wi-fi works just fine with the Hopper. Obviously, wired is preferred. But, don't go to too much trouble trying to get a wired connection to it, if you have solid wi-fi signal.

The HIC is another option. But, unless you have an easy way to get rg6 near close to your router, you can run into the same problem as running cat5/6 to your Hopper.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts