Other channels on receiver

bonscott87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Glorystar1,

Really glad to see this forum. I'll be getting a system soon, just waiting for the tax return.

From the FAQ:

Can I receive other channels with this system?
Glorystar systems are preprogrammed to receive only Christian TV and Radio channels. Starting in May, 2007 an OTA (Over the Air) signal will be begin transmitting via satellite to update Glorystar receivers and automatically add any new Christian Channels. Viewers will have the option to override this new automatic channel programming service.

So the Mercury II will be pre-programmed for the Christian channels and soon it will autoupdate itself. So if I do a scan to add in all the international channels on these 2 sites will the autoupdate OTA still work? Basically I would like to add in the other FTA channels found on the 2 sats but still have the OTA updates for the G* channels.

G* = GloryStar....makes sense to me! :D

When Auto updating becomes available, you will be given an option in the menu selection to accept OTA Auto Updating or decline Auto Updating. If you decline the auto update feature you will be able to scan and maintain your own channel lists. If you accept auto updating, additional scanned channels will be deleted by the OTA downloaded Glorystar channel list.

The Auto Updating is just completing beta testing and will be available in the upcoming months.

When Auto updating becomes available, you will be given an option in the menu selection to accept OTA Auto Updating or decline Auto Updating. If you decline the auto update feature you will be able to scan and maintain your own channel lists. If you accept auto updating, additional scanned channels will be deleted by the OTA downloaded Glorystar channel list.

The Auto Updating is just completing beta testing and will be available in the upcoming months.

Would the Auto Updating feature architecture be capable at some point in the future (based upon demand) of updating the G* channels without altering manually added channels?

Cheers,
Red

Thought I'd bring this thread back up to the top for additional questions.

1) I don't think the auto updating is available yet, correct?

2) The special code that gets punched in to load up the G* channels, will that get wiped out if a factory reset is done? (i.e. to do a firmware update)

3) If I do a backup channels action before a factory reset/firmware update, will this wipe out the G* code to load in the channels?

Thanks!

Auto Updating is not enabled for the Fortec Star Mercury II. We have been working with their R/D department to implement this feature.

If the receiver is updated with the Fortec Star website firmware, the Glorystar firmware containing the embedded channels lists will be eliminated.

If you save your channels prior to updating the firmware, the channels can be installed after the update into the channel list, but they will no longer be hard coded into the receiver (the 2020 factory setting will no longer be available).

Now that your system is installed and you will be using the receiver for other FTA channels in addition to the Glorystar package, the Glorystar firmware is not as important to your usage. You will need to input the LNB LO frequency and the switch settings for each satellite after installing a Fortec Star firmware update.

Thanks for the info!

I'm probably not going to add any additional channels beyond the Glorystar stuff as once I get it setup my wife will be using it the most. But in case I were to do more FTA stuff I just wanted to know how it all worked with the special code. Plus I'm sure others will want to know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts