Other remote controls

Seems to be a common theme. I still haven't heard anyone say they liked the new remote. As far as we've heard there aren't any other remotes that work right now. Hopefully they change that and activate IR before release so that we can use either the "regular" dish remotes or other universal remotes!

My 2 Year Direct TV contract just ended. I used to have DIsh before.

All I know is I hate the DirecTV remote and I remember loving the Dish remote.
Looking to come back with hopefully a new customer promo on a 922 with the original DIsh remote,
NOT this new touch pad one.

Beta testers please keep us all updated if possible. Good info so far. Thank you

I'm pretty sure Scott mentioned in another post that it will ship with the pad remote and a remote with numbers and no pad. He also mentioned that the unit has IR, but it's not activated.

I'm really not trying to be a jerk or to be obnoxious, but I am getting a real kick out of these "Hate the remote" threads. Way back at the beginning of these discussions, I got into a little tiff with someone who said that any one over 40 or 50 will never be able to handle the new remote. I now see that there are very few people of any age who like the new touchpad remote, at least who are commenting about it on the forum. I'm close to 60 and am actually looking forward to trying the touchpad. From comments here, it looks like even many young folks are not adapting to the new remote. It seems age really doesn't matter after all, it is more a matter of being willing to try new things. Maybe I will hate it too, when I use it for a while, but I'm more than willing to try.

The remote is okay, it's actually easier to navigate the menus with a mouse. I think the big issue is getting Dish to turn the IR on so that we can use a universal remote.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)