Our complaints don't matter to DISH

bdemz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
...don't even waste your beath with e-mail. Just don't pay for their HD and wait for Blu-ray or HD DVD. I am cancelling all HD and Movie channels I sub to over this HD-Lite BS. I encourage all to do the same.

Time and Time again Dish has tried to appease the loyals, just to lie in our faces.

1) EPG on 5xx
2) Less VOOM channels for more bandwidth
3) 921 fixes etc.....

We are a very small pea in their pod. Their money is with new subs. There are technically few who understand all of this HD stuff. When they see HD-LITE for the first time they will be blown away and Dish knows this. If they never see true HD they can't miss anything as we all did.

If you need proof of Americas technical knowledge just look to the chat questions.

1) What is the difference between a 37" Tube TV and a 35" LCD screen?

Silly

Disagree completly. You are given up. There's still hope. This is what happens with the DirecTv subs. They gave up because they all wanted their Sunday Ticket in HD Lite. I will certainly not give up now.

Well, that's like saying let's not going to battle because we are going to lose anyway and pre-judging the outcome. We do not know the outcome until we try even if they do not give in at least we will let them know that we do not like what we see.

It's all about the attitude of "given up". That is not my style. I will try to do everything on my power and waste every single source of breath before I give up.

Trust me guys they ARE listening. :)

In fact looking at whos online now I see more people from Echostar viewing the threads then I ever recall seeing.

Use your voice!

After last night's chat I have decided that in April when my 1 year commit is up to both D* and E*, that D* is getting the boot, they have nothing to offer me, I don't give a rip about ST or the locals, I get 3 markets where I live OTA and have 17 DT's to choose from, thus IF D* doesnt offer anything but their weak HD pack for $10 a month more and E* offers me 25 to start with and maybe 30 by years end for $19.99 it's a no brainer. BYE BYE D*

bdemz said:
...don't even waste your beath with e-mail. Just don't pay for their HD I am cancelling all HD and Movie channels I sub to over this HD-Lite BS. I encourage all to do the same.

Yea...

I just called and dropped every thing except one receiver and AT180, no locals, no HD.

You know what, it felt good.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Trust me guys they ARE listening. :)

In fact looking at whos online now I see more people from Echostar viewing the threads then I ever recall seeing.

Use your voice!

If that is true, then the Echostar folks need to drop over to the D* forums and look at the discussion about how D* will be upgrading their HD DVR customer base.

$200 for a one-month old $700 receiver is obsecene. Add this to the fact they are still activating these boxes with NO warning for NEW customers and that they told hundreds of folks this box is "software upgradeable," well, that's just fraud.

$200 for one month old box

tunagimp said:
If that is true, then the Echostar folks need to drop over to the D* forums and look at the discussion about how D* will be upgrading their HD DVR customer base.
$200 for a one-month old $700 receiver is obsecene. Add this to the fact they are still activating these boxes with NO warning for NEW customers and that they told hundreds of folks this box is "software upgradeable," well, that's just fraud.
It has NOT been determined at this point as to whether you need to actually trade in your existing (owned) 921 or 942 box at this time. Don't jump to conclusions without fact. Of course if someone is leasing one then that's a given probably unless it turns out that there is an option to keep it active and also upgrade (which again is NOT known at this point)... People really need to chill out for a while until the facts are laid out.
Also, I believe the 4/1 date was thrown out because there probably aren't going to be any 622s available anyway (at least not in quantity). Gerry

Dish has dropped more balls recently...

...than Stolzenberg The Juggler (VOOM HD SIDESHOW) joke.

Outrageous Upgrade Offer for 942 Owners: (Strike 1)
My 25 day old 942 was boxed Sunday afternoon and is on its way back - I would have kept it if the new batch of seven (7) HD channels were available in MPEG-2 as promised (Tech Chat Nov 05). Needless to say, I was less than satisfied with the receiver. I agree...the upgrade path for 942 owners "under warranty" is an obscene and indecent act!

Lifetime Networks No Mas En Masse: (Strike 2)
Also, downgraded from AEP to AT60 w/HD Paks due to the Lifetime issue (subscribe to basic cable). My contract expires the first week in May. As it stands right now, my wife says that Dish Network is "non grata" come May due to the Lifetime situation. She may cool off, then again she may not.

HD-Lite and Lot's of It: (Strike 3)
Well, if Lifetime returns and E* were to post a written commitment to move away from HD-Lite then I will purchase a 622, 211, perhaps a PocketDish and stick with E* for the next 2 years. If not, then it's Cable and OTA while we wait on FiOS TV. E* will have struck out in my household, which is the only household that matter in my opinion.

Waiting to see if our complaints really do matter at Dish Network...

ggw2000 said:
It has NOT been determined at this point as to whether you need to actually trade in your existing (owned) 921 or 942 box at this time. Don't jump to conclusions without fact...
Also, I believe the 4/1 date was thrown out because there probably aren't going to be any 622s available anyway (at least not in quantity). Gerry

At the risk of sounding like everyone else here on this board.:rolleyes:

I have been told by a pretty unimpeachable sourse at E* that you will indeed be giving up your DVR to the "installer."

Why you would want it is a matter for ebay to settle.

already lied

Wasn't it old to us by "informed sources" that the reason them were dropping 21 Voom to 15 was because of quality?

I am one on a 942 lease. I paid 249.00 for the right to lease the box in July. Now I have to pay 99.00 more in April to lease another box to add the HD channels?

Not going to do it.

Also paying for improved SD is not HD, no matter how anyone slices it.

I said before, what compelling content is there on the HD channels that dictate their own tier other than that they are in HD??

921 also

I also own a 921 $1000. I will not turn this box in even for a free one on lease.

Why write? Scott said it best. It seems Scott has built a good relationship with DISH. If we can provide Scott with the ammunition with our email, it gives him more room to get info and do the diplomatic thing in our behalf.

riffjim4069 said:
E* will have struck out in my household, which is the only household that matter in my opinion.
Waiting to see if our complaints really do matter at Dish Network...

Well since it appears there are E* employees reading the threads I hope they read mine
Dish is looking at leaving my household also. I can drop at any time, but I really am waiting to see what they do in the next few months. They lost an AEP + HD + Voom + Supers customer as I have dropped back to at60 until I see some clear direction and read of improvements in HD quality. The latest deal after the charlie chat with the CSR's having no clue what was announced was, while classic dish, very bad planning. I knew it would be the case as it always is with dish.

I know there are people there who must care about these issues and the lack of communication and apparent lack of organization in the compnay.

tunagimp said:
At the risk of sounding like everyone else here on this board.:rolleyes:
I have been told by a pretty unimpeachable sourse at E* that you will indeed be giving up your DVR to the "installer."
Why you would want it is a matter for ebay to settle.

There is lots of confusion because the Dish bosses tend to think that we all have leased boxes. So naturally they want those back when we get new ones. Owned boxes are something different.

This whole Mpeg-4 stuff is a load of garbage.I OWN my 811 and am not going
to give it away to rent a 211.I've been with dish for 8 years, if Mpeg-4 is'nt
ready to go primetime they should let US with HD-LITE recievers( MPEG-2 )
RECIEVE the new stations until Mpeg-4 is ready to go.Why should we lose
out because they put the cart infront of the horse.If Mpeg-4 wasn't ready to
fly they should have held off on the recievers.Sending in Mpeg-2 to Mpeg-4
recievers and blocking the signal to Mpeg-2 HD recievers is just not right!!!!!!!:eek:

Let me add a big strike 4 because I agree with those first 3 to a "T"

Strike 4) OLN!!!!!! :(

I pay 140$ a month to Dish and sub to the NHL Center Ice and yet, I still have to miss 6 friggin Red Wings games already this year and more to come

I was almost to the point of leaving Dish, and that was before HD-Lite, just think what I think about Dish Now :mad:

the 942 upgrade was laughable, trade in a 650$ receiver I purchased for a 100$ lease that I do not own, am I the only one missing something here ??

Dish has once again screwed loyal HD customers in the face of trying to bring in fresh HD meat, that fresh meat will be fooled into thinking HD-Lite is true HD

-Gary

BOYCOTT26 said:
This whole Mpeg-4 stuff is a load of garbage.I OWN my 811 and am not going
to give it away to rent a 211.I've been with dish for 8 years, if Mpeg-4 is'nt
ready to go primetime they should let US with HD-LITE recievers( MPEG-2 )
RECIEVE the new stations until Mpeg-4 is ready to go.Why should we lose
out because they put the cart infront of the horse.If Mpeg-4 wasn't ready to
fly they should have held off on the recievers.Sending in Mpeg-2 to Mpeg-4
recievers and blocking the signal to Mpeg-2 HD recievers is just not right!!!!!!!:eek:
i have a suggestion if anyone is listening. give existing mpeg2 HD customers all the channels in hdlite and guarantee that when they move to mpeg4 everything will be in full 1920x1080. i mean isnt the purpose of mpeg4 to give them more bandwidth? so they could give us the channels in low rez now and promise us full rez at mpeg4 release. that would make me call and order new receivers at any price instead of looking for alternatives.

Gary Murrell said:
Let me add a big strike 4 because I agree with those first 3 to a "T"
Strike 4) OLN!!!!!! :(
I pay 140$ a month to Dish and sub to the NHL Center Ice and yet, I still have to miss 6 friggin Red Wings games already this year and more to come
I was almost to the point of leaving Dish, and that was before HD-Lite, just think what I think about Dish Now :mad:
the 942 upgrade was laughable, trade in a 650$ receiver I purchased for a 100$ lease that I do not own, am I the only one missing something here ??
Dish has once again screwed loyal HD customers in the face of trying to bring in fresh HD meat, that fresh meat will be fooled into thinking HD-Lite is true HD
-Gary
Forgot about OLN since I'm boycotting the NHL this year. I'm a big Wings fan and would be very upset if I had already lost out on a half-dozen games this year. To be fair, I think Comcast/OLN is mostly to blame on this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts