Out of contract and moving. What to do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

azncajun

Original poster
Feb 11, 2014
GULF COAST
I will be in corporate housing for 3 months so don't need the service until then. Best to just cancel now and get a new member package when I move into my new place or put the account on hold for 3 months and get the upgrade they give you when you renew?

I will be in corporate housing for 3 months so don't need the service until then. Best to just cancel now and get a new member package when I move into my new place or put the account on hold for 3 months and get the upgrade they give you when you renew?

:welcome to the site ...

Seeing your out of contract ...
You can do whatever you decide ...
I think I may go the option you mentioned, Cancel and reopen when you get moved into your new place, this way you may get the New sub promos, maybe ... you would also get new equipment if your needing new stuff.

Don't know what your currently using ..

Another thing to think about ... If you Cancel and re open, you will then be in 24 month commitment.

If you simply suspend your account, you won't be in a commitment when you turn it back on.

Thanks for the welcome! I don't mind another contract. I like DTV especially compared to my future new options so I suppose I will cancel. Thanks!

:welcome to the site ...

Seeing your out of contract ...
You can do whatever you decide ...
I think I may go the option you mentioned, Cancel and reopen when you get moved into your new place, this way you may get the New sub promos, maybe ... you would also get new equipment if your needing new stuff.

Don't know what your currently using ..

Another thing to think about ... If you Cancel and re open, you will then be in 24 month commitment.

If you simply suspend your account, you won't be in a commitment when you turn it back on.

If you suspend for now, then reactivate and use the mover's option they will give you a new setup, some promos, and not require a new two year contract (unless you take a receiver upgrade which would trigger another 2 years).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)