Out of contract...Older equiptment issue.... ready to switch....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

htrmommy

Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
NH
Been over 5 years customer of Direct. Had Comcast prior. Never had Dish. The one time I ordered Dish, Direct immediately made me an amazing deal and I stayed. Fast forward to today. 2 Adults and 2 tots. Have a R22 - 100 in LR and a d12 in bedroom. Have xtra classic. Pay 87.99 in NorthEast. We have had MASSIVE ISSUES with the LR box/remote. Whenever we would fast forward or back it would keep going and NOT stop - overwhelmingly frustrating. Never stops when we release the button. (no the button is not sticky or stuck, changed batteries, not the angle of setup) Seems small but on a daily basis I want to toss it out the window. I did about a year ago call and they sent a new unit, still happening. Driving us ALL crazy. My thinking its just old tech that we have. This is the main reasoning for thinking of changing. Pure and utter torture daily and yep I am paying for it too. Go figure.

Thinking of Dish, have a referral from a good friend. Looking at 1 hopper with sling, and 2 joeys ( will be putting a 3rd tv in office) 120 package (is it worth it for 120 plus?) is this a good deal for 55.99 for first year? I hear nightmares on setting up as they will destroy your home with holes if your aware of what's happening. Really prefer the new wireless, not sure when it will roll out, because of this I wonder if its worth waiting not to have them butcher my home.

Certainly enticing to have HD free, still cant believe I would have to pay for that with Direct. Is there anything I can do keeping direct instead of switching getting something that actually works with out paying more perhaps better pricing? Yes, I have applied them with customers over the years (3) its exhausting. I haven't called lately as I am ready to move if need be. Looking for options for best price/service (I know don't we all). Do I call Direct back up explain situation and see what they will do if anything?

Been over 5 years customer of Direct. Had Comcast prior. Never had Dish. The one time I ordered Dish, Direct immediately made me an amazing deal and I stayed. Fast forward to today. 2 Adults and 2 tots. Have a R22 - 100 in LR and a d12 in bedroom. Have xtra classic. Pay 87.99 in NorthEast. We have had MASSIVE ISSUES with the LR box/remote. Whenever we would fast forward or back it would keep going and NOT stop - overwhelmingly frustrating. Never stops when we release the button. (no the button is not sticky or stuck, changed batteries, not the angle of setup) Seems small but on a daily basis I want to toss it out the window. I did about a year ago call and they sent a new unit, still happening. Driving us ALL crazy. My thinking its just old tech that we have. This is the main reasoning for thinking of changing. Pure and utter torture daily and yep I am paying for it too. Go figure.

Thinking of Dish, have a referral from a good friend. Looking at 1 hopper with sling, and 2 joeys ( will be putting a 3rd tv in office) 120 package (is it worth it for 120 plus?) is this a good deal for 55.99 for first year? I hear nightmares on setting up as they will destroy your home with holes if your aware of what's happening. Really prefer the new wireless, not sure when it will roll out, because of this I wonder if its worth waiting not to have them butcher my home.

Certainly enticing to have HD free, still cant believe I would have to pay for that with Direct. Is there anything I can do keeping direct instead of switching getting something that actually works with out paying more perhaps better pricing? Yes, I have applied them with customers over the years (3) its exhausting. I haven't called lately as I am ready to move if need be. Looking for options for best price/service (I know don't we all). Do I call Direct back up explain situation and see what they will do if anything?

yes you should definitely call directv retention and see what they will offer you before you make your final decision!

1 hopper and 2 joeys leave no tuners to record when they are in use, just an fyi

I agree with calling retention first

1 hopper and 2 joeys leave no tuners to record when they are in use, just an fyi

I agree with calling retention first

Thanks mdram, for us - I just can see 3 of us watching tv at the same time. (2 are children) its a good heads up though.

***********UPDATE***************1/9/2014
This is to update my call to the retention dept.

Was told able to upgrade equipment for free. (reading between the lines, the service call is free) tech comes installs new satellite and new boxes. I would get:
genie and genie mini to replace R22 and D12
New dish (for hd)
I have been grandfathered in for the package I have since 09
HD free for year
the bad
No premium channels
New 2 year contract

Final cost
Ultra package 56.99 70.99
dvr service waived 10.00
add geni 3.00 3.00
HD waived 10.00
Final -----> 58.99 / 2nd year 93.99

now with that being said I STILL would need a 3 box for my office. add another 3/mo. Seriously, I am beside myself. With Dish I don't pay for HD (still bothered that anyone has to pay for this) but OK seems that for me, Dish is the winner. Yes I know they both have issues. So here is the next questions.

Given the numbers above with Direct, is there any more wiggle room? Is this, the best they can do to KEEP a customer?

If I go with Dish, when are the super Joeys slated to come out? Thinking I need to wait it out a bit longer if its soon enough.

With Dish, the Super Joeys do they run off of your homes existing internet, hence slowing it down? I live in a Boonville area, I would notice the difference.

Love to hear your feedback.

Keep in mind if you wait too long to switch, that HD Free with Dish is only for 2 years. That's part of the new pricing package.

The Super Joeys do not use your home's internet, so no impact on that.

Thanks mdram, for us - I just can see 3 of us watching tv at the same time. (2 are children) its a good heads up though.

***********UPDATE***************1/9/2014
This is to update my call to the retention dept.

Was told able to upgrade equipment for free. (reading between the lines, the service call is free) tech comes installs new satellite and new boxes. I would get:
New dish (for hd)
I have been grandfathered in for the package I have since 09
HD free for year
the bad
No premium channels
New 2 year contract

Final cost
dvr service waived 10.00
add geni 3.00 3.00
HD waived 10.00
Final -----> 58.99 / 2nd year 93.99

now with that being said I STILL would need a 3 box for my office. add another 3/mo. Seriously, I am beside myself. With Dish I don't pay for HD (still bothered that anyone has to pay for this) but OK seems that for me, Dish is the winner. Yes I know they both have issues. So here is the next questions.

Given the numbers above with Direct, is there any more wiggle room? Is this, the best they can do to KEEP a customer?

If I go with Dish, when are the super Joeys slated to come out? Thinking I need to wait it out a bit longer if its soon enough.

With Dish, the Super Joeys do they run off of your homes existing internet, hence slowing it down? I live in a Boonville area, I would notice the difference.

Love to hear your feedback.

add another mini genie for the office
the genie has 5 tuners, 3 can watch live tv while 2 record
to match this with dish you need 2 hoppers and a joey

forgot the other advantage is for future.
if you decide to add a dvr such as hr24 to directv genie setup you can
hopper only works with hopper and joey atm

very nice
New dish (for hd)
a given since you dont have HD right now
the bad
No premium channels
you're getting free equipment plus I see other discounts so they're not gonna give the farm away
New 2 year contract
anytime you upgrade it is a 2 year agreement

Final cost
what package do you have? before you said Choice Xtra Classic..and where are you getting those prices? Are they giving you programming discounts?

dvr service waived 10.00
very nice. You were paying that already with the R22
add geni 3.00 3.00
actually they are $6 a month which you are paying already with 2 receivers
HD waived 10.00
very nice

Honestly I'd rather have my DVR fee waived (as you are) then some crappy premium channels.
As for the free HD for the year in a year call them and see if they give you discounts. When mine ran out (at the time it was 2 years) they couldnt extend it but offered me $60 credit on my bill so I got 6 months more free

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)