Out of Contract Upgrade

Redstar78

Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Arkansas
I am no longer under contract, have a 522 duo/dvr and a 322 duo. I've been wanting to upgrade to HD duo rcvr, thought about waiting for the 922 but I think the 722 will be fine for my family. And now obviously, the price increases on the equipment have me looking at options.

I made a call just to see what Dish would offer me. They are willing to do a free 722 upgrade, with 3 months free HBO/Showtime, install costing $15.

What do you guys think is the best I can do? I'd like to eventually have a second HD, so I've thought about asking for 2-722s. Anybody ever gotten 2 for free? We are a 4 TV household. Any suggestion on credits etc I should seek. At the end of the day, I don't want to switch to Direct, but I want to get the best I can now before I lock into another 24 months.

Thanks guys, been lurking and reading for a while. Good site with great info!

My friend that is the best Dish has been doing since the 1st of this year. A second 722 will cost you at least another $100. On the other hand it should not be a problem to get a 722 and a 222, which is another HD Duo just without the dvr....

Yes it will be the DIU and new 2 year commitment. That's why I want to make sure I get the most out of it. I didn't figure they would do 2 free 722's, but if anybody has any suggestions or past experience on what they've offered--credits for x amount of months etc let me know.

Thanks in advance!

You might want to try to call again and see if you get anything better, which I doubt. Otherwise, nothing more we can tell you.

You do know that if you can run a HDMI cable to a 2nd HDTV you can hook up the one by the receiver with component/audio cables and enjoy HD on both TVs? Same channel/same time, of course. I feed 4 HDTVs from a 722 & 622 this way--actually, I use HDMI splitters so it's HDMI @ both but either way works. All the TV1 outs are "hot" @ the same time. Just a FYI.
Good luck with Dish.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts