Out of Contract Upgrade

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Redstar78

Original poster
Mar 7, 2010
Arkansas
I am no longer under contract, have a 522 duo/dvr and a 322 duo. I've been wanting to upgrade to HD duo rcvr, thought about waiting for the 922 but I think the 722 will be fine for my family. And now obviously, the price increases on the equipment have me looking at options.

I made a call just to see what Dish would offer me. They are willing to do a free 722 upgrade, with 3 months free HBO/Showtime, install costing $15.

What do you guys think is the best I can do? I'd like to eventually have a second HD, so I've thought about asking for 2-722s. Anybody ever gotten 2 for free? We are a 4 TV household. Any suggestion on credits etc I should seek. At the end of the day, I don't want to switch to Direct, but I want to get the best I can now before I lock into another 24 months.

Thanks guys, been lurking and reading for a while. Good site with great info!

My friend that is the best Dish has been doing since the 1st of this year. A second 722 will cost you at least another $100. On the other hand it should not be a problem to get a 722 and a 222, which is another HD Duo just without the dvr....

Yes it will be the DIU and new 2 year commitment. That's why I want to make sure I get the most out of it. I didn't figure they would do 2 free 722's, but if anybody has any suggestions or past experience on what they've offered--credits for x amount of months etc let me know.

Thanks in advance!

You might want to try to call again and see if you get anything better, which I doubt. Otherwise, nothing more we can tell you.

You do know that if you can run a HDMI cable to a 2nd HDTV you can hook up the one by the receiver with component/audio cables and enjoy HD on both TVs? Same channel/same time, of course. I feed 4 HDTVs from a 722 & 622 this way--actually, I use HDMI splitters so it's HDMI @ both but either way works. All the TV1 outs are "hot" @ the same time. Just a FYI.
Good luck with Dish.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)