out of market feed shown at local bar?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scottie318

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
I was at a bar very close to my house last Friday evening (in the NJ burbs just outside NYC) and the local bar was showing the Yankee/Angel game on FSAngels. I was a little surprised by this but did not question it. I was under the assumption that the blackout rules protect the local team by forcing the away feed to be blacked out? Is this the case or do I have something incorrect? It was just very surprising to see the Angels telecast in Yankee country.

I wish I had an answer for you. It should have been blacked out even if they had purchase MLBEI.

That's what I figured. No idea what provider they were using. I assume it was either DirecTV, Cablevision or Verizon Fios. Something seems fishy about this whole thing. I'm beginning to think illegal setup to avoid the commercial license.

That's what I figured. No idea what provider they were using. I assume it was either DirecTV, Cablevision or Verizon Fios. Something seems fishy about this whole thing. I'm beginning to think illegal setup to avoid the commercial license.

Hey! Leave him alone. At least he had the good sense to play an Angels broadcast. He can't be all THAT bad! ;)

Cable companies sometimes make mistakes, they all get the same MLBEI feeds from InDemand and forget to block out-of-market feeds that include local teams.

Recent example for myself....I'm claimed by the D'backs and Padres, but Cox cable screwed up last night with the D'backs/Dodgers game and also had the Dodgers feed in MLBEI as well. It's also happened with a couple of Padres game by the others team broadcasters.

I was at Dave and Busters in Philly 2 years ago and they had the Phillies game on MLB EI using the CSN-Philadelphia feed from Directv which was strange as well. Maybe commercial accounts are different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts