Former Pistons coach Chuck Daly dies

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4153982"]Chuck Daly, Hall of Fame coach, dies at 78 - ESPN[/ame]

What is up with all these deaths so close together.

I used to love the Piston's back then. They were a fun team to watch.

Chuck did a really good job with the players on that team. Talk about managing people.

Sad day for sports.

Wow, all these deaths is just terrible! :(

Chuck was well respected in NBA circles and by fans everywhere!

R.I.P. Chuck

Larry Bird pays tribute to the late Chuck Daly
By: Mike Petraglia
Celtics Hall of Famer and current Indiana Pacers President Larry Bird paid tribute to the late Chuck Daly after the hall of fame coach lost his battle with pancreatic cancer early Saturday at his Florida home. He was 78. “After all the battles the Celtics had against the Pistons I always had the utmost respect for Chuck as a coach and a person," Bird said in a statement on Saturday. "In the '92 Olympics he handled that team and its talent as well as anybody could. He treated us all with respect and had us all vying for the same goal. For me, it was an honor to play for him.”

I used to love the Piston's back then. They were a fun team to watch.

Chuck did a really good job with the players on that team. Talk about managing people.
Sad day for sports.

For sure sad day indeed! he later coached in New Jersey and Orlando and had some nice season as well. But he will always be known as the coach of the "Bad Boys"!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)