Breaking: LeBron to be Named League MVP!!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
According to Plain Dealer Cavalier Beat Reporter, Brian Windhorst, LeBron James is to be named the 2008-2009 NBA League MVP!
“According to a league source, LeBron James will be named the NBA Most Valuable Player this afternoon.

James has chosen to have the announcement at St. Vincent-St. Mary High School in Akron. All his Cavs teammates are expected to be there as well as representatives from Kia, which will give him a new car as part of the honor.”

LeBron James to be named NBA Most Valuable Player today - cleveland.com

Related Notes:

With this honor, LeBron will be the first Cav to win the honor in history and the second youngest ever to win the award behind Wes Unseld in 1969. James averaged 28.4 points, 7.2 rebounds and 7.6 assists this season, his sixth in the NBA.

Two weeks ago James finished second in Defensive Player of the Year voting and an upgrade in that area this season plus the Cavs franchise-record 66 wins were compelling to the 123 media voters. The award will be officially announced later today and he will be honored before the Cavs play the Hawks in Game 1 on the Eastern Conference Semifinals on Tuesday. Traditionally, NBA Commissioner David Stern is on hand to present the Maurice Podoloff Trophy in front the fans.

Having the honor given to him in the gym at SVSM was James' personal choice. It is a special place for him. His retired No. 23 jersey is on the wall and three state championship banners he won with the Fighting Irish hang in the rafters. When he made the announcement he was turning pro it was in the gym and he's had many photo shoots and filmed many commercials there as well. His first Sports Illustrated cover was shot there and he recently filmed a "60 Minutes" interview there. Still a resident of Akron, it is another sign of how loyal James is to his Akron roots.

LeBron James to be named NBA Most Valuable Player today - cleveland.com

In tribute to the best player in the league and now, undisputed MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, I present to you, LeBron James' Top 20 plays of 2008-2009:

Congratulations once again LBJ. Let this be the first of many accomplishments you undoubtedly are set out for in this career of yours!.....

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOyHcPWBvZA"]Lebron James Top 20 Plays Of 2008-09 Season[/ame]

An Open Letter to LeBron James by HD MM

Dear LeBron,

In just your 6th year as a professional and at the tender age of 24, on this special day I'm forced to reflect upon your still young career. Today, I'm reminded of another special day on May 22, 2003. That Thursday night, the Cleveland Cavaliers scored perhaps the biggest victory in franchise history. The right to the #1 overall selection in the '03 NBA Draft.

I'm not sure if you realized what that meant to us, but that day brought the hope of what you could potentially bring to the table, not just for the Cleveland Cavaliers or even Cleveland sports in general, but for the entire city of Cleveland and the entire state of Ohio. I was convinced that you, LeBron James, can and will be the savior of a franchise, a city and a state. The fact that you were one of us (Akron, Ohio native) made it all the sweeter.

When you came to the Cavaliers, our beloved franchise was in shambles. It was a joke of franchise. A franchise consisting of players such as Shawn Kemp, Ricky Davis, Darius Miles and Jim Paxson. The franchise up until that point had brought this city more disappointment, embarrassment, and humiliation than anything else.

Fast forward 6 years later and you have made us forgive all of those distant bad memories. And instead, what you've instilled in this franchise and city is something words simply cannot attest to. In just under 6 short years, you've exceeded the unworldly and seemingly unfair expectations set upon you at such an early age. That speaks volumes to your character and talent and gives us even more reason for greater hopes and dreams in the near future.

This season, which we can now refer to as your "MVP Season" has uplifted us higher than any other season in decades. You led this team to a league-best 66 wins, a franchise record, and took this franchise on a run unlike anything we’ve ever seen in the regular season before. It’s only fitting that you receive the ultimate validation of what you've meant to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Nothing will ever take the place of bringing a Championship to this starved city, but nothing makes us more happy and more proud to be a Cavalier fan today than to hear that you've been officially named the 2008-09 NBA Most Valuable Player!

Today you've been honored with a prestigious award. One that shows that hard work, dedication and loyalty does indeed pay off. To that I congratulate you. But more so than anything else, I'd like to thank you LeBron, for everything you've done for this sleepy ol' city and franchise.

Here’s to you, LeBron…..job well done, indeed! :hatsoff:mad:party

Sincerely yours,

HD MM

I am not an NBA fan and even I am not surprised. He is truly the finest. NOW...can you KEEP him in lil' ol' Cleveland? THAT is the $60,000,000 question.

congratulations to james and the cavs.:up oh and congrats to HDMM too:D

Thanks buddy. I know we have bigger goals this season, but I just think for one day, we can set aside our ultimate ambitions and enjoy this award. As for tomorrow, it's back to work.

One thing's for sure though. The MVP chants at the Q tomorrow night will be deafening! :eek:

Bring it ATL!!!! :eek: :D

Thanks buddy. I know we have bigger goals this season, but I just think for one day, we can set aside our ultimate ambitions and enjoy this award. As for tomorrow, it's back to work.

One thing's for sure though. The MVP chants at the Q tomorrow night will be deafening! :eek:

Bring it ATL!!!! :eek: :D

i can't wait to see bibby smacked around by james :D. i really dislike those hawks. :mad: go git' em' cavs!!!!!!!!

The Hawks will have no chance on Tuesday when adding up the facts.

LeBron will want to prove why he is the MVP, the Cavs are awesome at home, HD will be there, Hawks are a team that historically struggles on the road in the playoffs

The Hawks will have no chance on Tuesday when adding up the facts.

LeBron will want to prove why he is the MVP, the Cavs are awesome at home, HD will be there, Hawks are a team that historically struggles on the road in the playoffs

Correction. I have tickets to the Thursday game, not tomorrow. My mistake. Unfortunately I won't be there in person for the MVP presentation with Mr. Stern, however I will be in full force come Thursday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)