Breaking: LeBron to be Named League MVP!!

If there isn't a Wikipedia entry for "backhanded compliment", we should create one and use this post for its content.

Only because YOU see it that way. I congratulated him, he HAD an MVP TYPE season, I just think....and will continue to think that Wade did MORE with less.

- Cleveland improved 21 games with a great supporting cast and a huge addition at point guard.

- Los Angeles improved 8 games with the same thing, minus Bynum who was out most of the year.

- Miami improves 28 games, has a 1st year player and 2 rookies in their starting line-up, not to mention a rookie coach....And Wade finishes a DISTANT 3rd??!! Really? Seriously??!!

Lebron was very derserving of being the MVP...AND I could have lived with a two way tie...they BOTH deserved it.

I have no problem at all with lebron winning this well deserved award. Wade is my man no doubt about that and i understand why lebron got the MVP this season. it's the right decision and i'm completely ok with it. there's always next season ;)

Only because YOU see it that way. I congratulated him, he HAD an MVP TYPE season, I just think....and will continue to think that Wade did MORE with less.

- Cleveland improved 21 games with a great supporting cast and a huge addition at point guard.

- Los Angeles improved 8 games with the same thing, minus Bynum who was out most of the year.

- Miami improves 28 games, has a 1st year player and 2 rookies in their starting line-up, not to mention a rookie coach....And Wade finishes a DISTANT 3rd??!! Really? Seriously??!!

Lebron was very derserving of being the MVP...AND I could have lived with a two way tie...they BOTH deserved it.

Oh, now you "could live with a two way tie"??! Pulease!

Like you said, the Cavs improved by 21 games this year. They finished with the best record in the NBA, a franchise record for most wins. All led by LeBron's near triple-double season, night in and night out.

D-Wade's team improved with him in the lineup (newsflash, duh!). That's great his team wasn't the train wreck that they were last year, but MVP? His team finished a mediocre 43-39, just 4 measly games above .500 and got bounced in the first round in the Playoffs. No disrespect. I love Dwayne. He's an example of everything that is right about this league. But I just don't see the debate here.

Tell me again why D-Wad deserves to tie LeBron? And when is it acceptable to award mediocrity?!

Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim

Don't take my word for it. Columnist Jay Mariotti speaks of LeBron maximizing the talent surrounding him and his defensive efforts that set him apart. (In case you forgot, LBJ finished 2nd in Defensive Player of the Year too).
“Truly, no one has come closer to replicating Jordan in the art of maximizing the talent around him. And if I may say so, no one since Jordan has been a better two-way player, with LeBron emerging as a dominant defensive force who wills teammates to match his lockdown commitment — how about his “chase downs” of 22 opponents in the open court to block seemingly easy dunks or layups? The Cavs will have to win a title before James legitimately can begin to match the Jordan legend, of course. But he has established how he can take a roster that otherwise wouldn’t reach the postseason and produce 66 victories and favored status in the Eastern Conference. When the Cavs play the Lakers in June — I said when, not if — it will be the most awaited NBA Finals in some time.”
Greatest Since MJ: LeBron Lays Claim -- FanHouse

Oh, now you "could live with a two way tie"??! Pulease!

Like you said, the Cavs improved by 21 games this year. They finished with the best record in the NBA, a franchise record for most wins. All led by LeBron's near triple-double season, night in and night out.

D-Wade's team improved with him in the lineup (newsflash, duh!). That's great his team wasn't the train wreck that they were last year, but MVP? His team finished a mediocre 43-39, just 4 measly games above .500 and got bounced in the first round in the Playoffs. No disrespect. I love Dwayne. He's an example of everything that is right about this league. But I just don't see the debate here.

Tell me again why D-Wad deserves to tie LeBron? And when is it acceptable to award mediocrity?!

Let hit some of those points...New flash....Wade played MOST of last season...55 games...so when they shut him down, it was a for gone conclussion. His stats are quite comprabable compared to Lebron:

Wade 30 pts 6 rebs 7 ast.
James 28 pts 7 rebs 7 ast.

Now as far as "measley 4 games above .500"...were the Cavs 4 games better last year? I guess because you guys won 66, it is NOW "measley". The bias is so obvious that you are NOW calling Wade mediocre....LOL! ESPECIALLY when you called Wade "everything that is right about the league".

Funny you bring up the media, when you stated that Van Gundy was loved and admirered by the media as a good coach, and you thought the media was wrong...and now you think I am wrong because I do not agree with the media.

Let hit some of those points...New flash....Wade played MOST of last season...55 games...so when they shut him down, it was a for gone conclussion. His stats are quite comprabable compared to Lebron:

Now as far as "measley 4 games above .500"...were the Cavs 4 games better last year? I guess because you guys won 66, it is NOW "measley". The bias is so obvious that you are NOW calling Wade mediocre....LOL! ESPECIALLY when you called Wade "everything that is right about the league".

Funny you bring up the media, when you stated that Van Gundy was loved and admirered by the media as a good coach, and you thought the media was wrong...and now you think I am wrong because I do not agree with the media.

Correction. I am calling Wade's team mediocre, not him. 4 games above .500 is mediocre. This is one of the biggest differences between the two. And it shows that LeBron had a bigger and better impact on his team. Remember, James' individual defensive impact was also taken in consideration with this award.

I know I'm getting picky, but Wade only averaged 5.0 rebounds a game, not 6. And LeBron averaged 7.6 RPG.

The most accurate stat line is as follows:

Wade: 30.2 PPG, 7.5 APG, 5.0 RPG, 30.46 PER, 38.6 Minutes Per Game.
LeBron: 28.4 PPG, 7.2 APG, 7.6 RPG, 31.76 PER, 37.7 Minutes Per Game.

Eerily similar. Frighting close almost. However, the biggest gap between the two was that LeBron's team finished with 66 wins, while Dwayne's team finished with 43 wins.

And I don't buy your argument that the Heat's surrounding cast is "that much worse" than the Cavs surrounding cast.

I know I'm getting picky, but Wade only averaged 5.0 rebounds a game, not 6. And LeBron averaged 7.6 RPG.

The most accurate stat line is as follows:

Wade: 30.2 PPG, 7.5 APG, 5.0 RPG, 30.46 PER, 38.6 Minutes Per Game.
LeBron: 28.4 PPG, 7.2 APG, 7.6 RPG, 31.76 PER, 37.7 Minutes Per Game.

Eerily similar. Frighting close almost. However, the biggest gap between the two was that LeBron's team finished with 66 wins, while Dwayne's team finished with 43 wins.

And I don't buy your argument that the Heat's surrounding cast is "that much worse" than the Cavs surrounding cast.

Are you serious? 2 rookes, a couple of 1st year players asked to contribute IMMEDIATELY....one of which just turned 20?!

OK...ONE question that will KILL you last comment....take Lebron away and take Wade away....what supporting team would win more games? That answer is so obvious...it does not need an answer.

I am done with this one....congrats to Lebron. done...

Are you serious? 2 rookes, a couple of 1st year players asked to contribute IMMEDIATELY....one of which just turned 20?!

OK...ONE question that will KILL you last comment....take Lebron away and take Wade away....what supporting team would win more games? That answer is so obvious...it does not need an answer.

I am done with this one....congrats to Lebron. done...

Let's flip your question.

Put LeBron on the Heat and Wade on the Cavs.

Do the Heat win more than 43 games with LeBron?

The answer's so obvious... it doen't need an answer.

I'm done with this one too. :p

Let's flip your question.

Put LeBron on the Heat and Wade on the Cavs.

Do the Heat win more than 43 games with LeBron?

The answer's so obvious... it doen't need an answer.

I'm done with this one too. :p

We are not comparing players on that one..YOU BROUGHT up supporting cast...

So I assuming you could not answer the support cast question huh? :rolleyes::p

Correction. I am calling Wade's team mediocre, not him. 4 games above .500 is mediocre. This is one of the biggest differences between the two.

you're right that's the biggest reason why lebron got the award. his team is much better than the heat no doubt. from what i've seen the supporting cast for the cavs is better than miami's. but it's obvious that lebron's supporting cast and himself are at different levels. he's that good. miami on the other hand has a rookie coach, bunch of rookies and some like beasley that are lost right now. hopefully these guys will mature and learn from this season and apply themselves for the next. the cavs IMO have a supporting cast to be proud of. HDMM,you should be very proud of them,they are a very solid group with excellent chemistry. :) they're still my favorite to win it all ;) can't wait till tonight!

you're right that's the biggest reason why lebron got the award. his team is much better than the heat no doubt. from what i've seen the supporting cast for the cavs is better than miami's. but it's obvious that lebron's supporting cast and himself are at different levels. he's that good. miami on the other hand has a rookie coach, bunch of rookies and some like beasley that are lost right now. hopefully these guys will mature and learn from this season and apply themselves for the next. the cavs IMO have a supporting cast to be proud of. HDMM,you should be very proud of them,they are a very solid group with excellent chemistry. :) they're still my favorite to win it all ;) can't wait till tonight!

I am very proud Rey. Thank you very much. :p :D @party

looks like someone is upset about this season's MVP!

medium_kobe-lebron-james-21413970.jpg
:D

I saw a stat on LeBron and the Cavs today, that just blew my mind:

The Cavs were a +15.9 with LeBron on the floor, and a -5.1 with him on the bench. That's a 21 point swing folks!!! :eek:

Granted, LeBron was on the floor a lot more than he was off, but that point differential is mind-boggling nonetheless.

That HAS to be some sort of a record!

Pre-Game Festivities for Tonight's Cavs/Hawks Game

First off, LeBron will be honored by NBA Commissioner David Stern before the game. He will be formally introduced as the League MVP in front of a ruckus crowd of over 21k at Quicken Loans Arena.

Fans in attendance will receive a commemorative placard...

nike_mvp_placard.jpg

Starting tonight, Nike is also putting the words "MVP" in lights on the LeBron Witness billboard located outside Quicken Loans Arena.

LeBron will also be premiering his new "MVP" shoes (of course) :D

lebron_mvp_shoe.jpg

The Cavaliers will host a free pregame Fan Fest in the Gateway Plaza for all home games during the second round of the 2009 NBA Playoffs.

Details of Round Deux:

Game 1: Cavaliers vs. Hawks
Date: Tuesday, May 5th
Time:
8:00 p.m.
TV: TNT | Radio: WTAM 1100

LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!!

ONE GOAL!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)