Breaking: LeBron to be Named League MVP!!

Correction. I have tickets to the Thursday game, not tomorrow. My mistake. Unfortunately I won't be there in person for the MVP presentation with Mr. Stern, however I will be in full force come Thursday.

Nonetheless, Atlanta will still have no chance on either day.

Correction. I have tickets to the Thursday game, not tomorrow. My mistake. Unfortunately I won't be there in person for the MVP presentation with Mr. Stern, however I will be in full force come Thursday.

Will Stern be standing on a ladder for the presentation? Otherwise he will be looking into LBJ's ... kneecaps!:p

Will Stern be standing on a ladder for the presentation? Otherwise he will be looking into LBJ's ... kneecaps!:p
I think Stern is standing on a milk crate for this draft day photo:

_39214826_james203.jpg

Dear LeBron,

In just your 6th year as a professional and at the tender age of 24, on this special day I'm forced to reflect upon your still young career. Today, I'm reminded of another special day on May 22, 2003. That Thursday night, the Cleveland Cavaliers scored perhaps the biggest victory in franchise history. The right to the #1 overall selection in the '03 NBA Draft.

I'm not sure if you realized what that meant to us, but that day brought the hope of what you could potentially bring to the table, not just for the Cleveland Cavaliers or even Cleveland sports in general, but for the entire city of Cleveland and the entire state of Ohio. I was convinced that you, LeBron James, can and will be the savior of a franchise, a city and a state. The fact that you were one of us (Akron, Ohio native) made it all the sweeter.

When you came to the Cavaliers, our beloved franchise was in shambles. It was a joke of franchise. A franchise consisting of players such as Shawn Kemp, Ricky Davis, Darius Miles and Jim Paxson. The franchise up until that point had brought this city more disappointment, embarrassment, and humiliation than anything else.

Fast forward 6 years later and you have made us forgive all of those distant bad memories. And instead, what you've instilled in this franchise and city is something words simply cannot attest to. In just under 6 short years, you've exceeded the unworldly and seemingly unfair expectations set upon you at such an early age. That speaks volumes to your character and talent and gives us even more reason for greater hopes and dreams in the near future.

This season, which we can now refer to as your "MVP Season" has uplifted us higher than any other season in decades. You led this team to a league-best 66 wins, a franchise record, and took this franchise on a run unlike anything we’ve ever seen in the regular season before. It’s only fitting that you receive the ultimate validation of what you've meant to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Nothing will ever take the place of bringing a Championship to this starved city, but nothing makes us more happy and more proud to be a Cavalier fan today than to hear that you've been officially named the 2008-09 NBA Most Valuable Player!

Today you've been honored with a prestigious award. One that shows that hard work, dedication and loyalty does indeed pay off. To that I congratulate you. But more so than anything else, I'd like to thank you LeBron, for everything you've done for this sleepy ol' city and franchise.

Here’s to you, LeBron…..job well done, indeed! :hatsoff:mad:party

Sincerely yours,

HD MM

Sheesh, get a room, you two!!!...:rolleyes:

And congrats on a job well done!!!...;)

Ok folks, just listened to the Press Conference in it's entirety. A quick summary....

- In typical LeBron fashion, he thanked his family and friends for the man who he's become today. He said he owes the world to his Mom, Gloria who raised him in a single household when his paternal Father left him as a child. He said he especially knows how difficult a job his Mother had now that he and his longtime girlfriend, Savannah have two children of their own.

-LeBron credited his teammates and coaches for the MVP award and said he couldn't have done it by himself.

-LeBron referenced the past NBA stars that paved the way for his success today.

-LeBron thanked his High School, St. Vincent, St. Mary of Akron several times. He said it was there where his dreams started to come to fruition.

-LeBron recognized the importance of the award, but said he wasn't high on individual awards and said he would accept it if it also meant it leads to team accomplishments.

-LeBron stated that even though this award meant a lot to him, his goals, this season and in the future are not yet complete. The ultimate goal is the NBA Championship.

-LeBron said he has two goals in life. On the court, it's to win as many Championships and be a part of a successful team. Off the court it was to be the best Father to his kids as humanly possible.

Classy newsconference from one of the classiest individuals around. :up

LeBron in a Landslide

The final tally is in...

LeBron received 102 of the 121 first place votes, totaling 1,172 points in balloting.

Kobe finished 2nd place with 698 points and 2 first place votes.

Dwayne Wade finished 3rd with 680 points and 7 first place votes.

Dwight Howard finished 4th with 328 points.

Chris Paul finished 5th with 192 points.

The final tally is in...

LeBron received 102 of the 121 first place votes, totaling 1,172 points in balloting.

Kobe finished 2nd place with 698 points and 2 first place votes.

Dwayne Wade finished 3rd with 680 points and 7 first place votes.

Dwight Howard finished 4th with 328 points.

Chris Paul finished 5th with 192 points.

Ah the politics...A landslide victory...? Ridiculous! Wade ended up 3rd? Even MORE ridiculous! I could live with Lebron winning...he and his team had an amazing year...but a landslide? Really? SERIOUSLY??!! I came to the conclusion at the beginning of the year there was no doubt that Lebron was the best basketball player in the world...solidly. But considering what ALL three players had for teams, what all three teams did LAST YEAR and what they did THIS year....well, Wade did more with less.

But it is what it is.....another version of Carl Malone winning over Michael Jordan and Steve Nash winning over Shaq.

So with that said, I congratulate Lebron for an MVP "type" year....:up

Congrats to LeBron he deserved it for a great job this year. The last time a MVP won the Championship was 2002-03 when Tim Duncan did it.

Ah the politics...A landslide victory...? Ridiculous! Wade ended up 3rd? Even MORE ridiculous! I could live with Lebron winning...he and his team had an amazing year...but a landslide? Really? SERIOUSLY??!! I came to the conclusion at the beginning of the year there was no doubt that Lebron was the best basketball player in the world...solidly. But considering what ALL three players had for teams, what all three teams did LAST YEAR and what they did THIS year....well, Wade did more with less.

But it is what it is.....another version of Carl Malone winning over Michael Jordan and Steve Nash winning over Shaq.

If there isn't a Wikipedia entry for "backhanded compliment", we should create one and use this post for its content.

Since when did leading your team to more success become a bad thing??? :confused:

Former Pistons coach Chuck Daly dies

Very good article about Serena Roberts credibility..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)