Outdoor speakers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

boogie3030

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
Oklahoma
I am wanting to connect outdoor speakers to my dish receiver. Can someone please tell me what I will need to purchase and how I will connect the speakers to the receiver. I am also considering purchasing wireless speakers. Need info please.

Really depends on the speakers. More than likely you would need to connect to a receiver first, unless you buy a speaker that is powered, and has some sort of volume control built into it (which most won't)

by "powered" what is really meant is that they are power amplified speakers.

The audio outputs on the back of the receivers are standard RCA Phono "line level" outputs .. 1v P-P so not much power is there .. you would need an Amplifier to boost the signal to make it come out of any standard speakers.

If you don't already have a home theater type amplifier .. you might want to invest in one .. many have "zone 2" and "zone 3" options.. so that you can output audio to different areas. Some mix line level outs and speaker outputs..

my Onkyo is one of those.. I have Zone 2, Zone 3, which are standard line level outs but then there's a set of speaker lugs on the back of the receiver that I can switch to using with Zone 2 ... in stereo @100 Watts ...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)