Oval dish install - $65?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dervari

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I heard that D* would install an oval dish for $49.99 + $14.99 install fee for current customers. Is this true? I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at D* who can confirm this.

From what I've heard, it's only if you are in a market that requires an oval dish to get locals or foreign programming, as well as if you buy a HD receiver.

I'm not sure, but you might need a one year programming commitment, also.

I want HD, but will be getting a used receiver. $365 from D* vs $50 for a used receiver, $20 for a card, and $65 for a disk is a better deal for me. I'm going to get a DVR when the prices drop a little, but wanted something for the meantime.

I've been a Directv customer for 7 years. When locals became available last June I called Directv. I think they quoted me something like $49. I said I'd think about it and call back. I think I called them again sometime in August and asked them about it again. I think that time they waived the $49 fee. I said I wasn't quite ready.
The first of September I was ready and called. They didn't say anything about a fee, they replaced the dish, and replaced one of the receivers that wouldn't work with the oval dish.
All I had to do was agree to at least 1 years programming.
After seven years, I don't have any intention of dropping them, so no problem there.

dervari said:
I heard that D* would install an oval dish for $49.99 + $14.99 install fee for current customers. Is this true? I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at D* who can confirm this.

The D* equipment offer for this is officially called a Multi-sat Equipment Upgrade. Originally it was designed for people looking for access to Spanish/Chinese language channels, or some of the public interest channels which at the time came from D*'s 119 sat, but it is still in use for customers wanting to upgrade their dish for HD. The offer is $49 for the dish and installation, plus 14.95 for handling and delivery, with a 1-year programming commitment to D* service

Well, or if your local channels are either on the 72.5 sat, 110, or 119... You can call them up and get a $0 Local Channel Equip Upgrade. (1yr Commit)

Then it's at no real cost to you... ^_^

~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)