Oval dish install - $65?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dervari

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
Atlanta, GA
I heard that D* would install an oval dish for $49.99 + $14.99 install fee for current customers. Is this true? I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at D* who can confirm this.

From what I've heard, it's only if you are in a market that requires an oval dish to get locals or foreign programming, as well as if you buy a HD receiver.

I'm not sure, but you might need a one year programming commitment, also.

I want HD, but will be getting a used receiver. $365 from D* vs $50 for a used receiver, $20 for a card, and $65 for a disk is a better deal for me. I'm going to get a DVR when the prices drop a little, but wanted something for the meantime.

I've been a Directv customer for 7 years. When locals became available last June I called Directv. I think they quoted me something like $49. I said I'd think about it and call back. I think I called them again sometime in August and asked them about it again. I think that time they waived the $49 fee. I said I wasn't quite ready.
The first of September I was ready and called. They didn't say anything about a fee, they replaced the dish, and replaced one of the receivers that wouldn't work with the oval dish.
All I had to do was agree to at least 1 years programming.
After seven years, I don't have any intention of dropping them, so no problem there.

dervari said:
I heard that D* would install an oval dish for $49.99 + $14.99 install fee for current customers. Is this true? I haven't been able to get in touch with anyone at D* who can confirm this.

The D* equipment offer for this is officially called a Multi-sat Equipment Upgrade. Originally it was designed for people looking for access to Spanish/Chinese language channels, or some of the public interest channels which at the time came from D*'s 119 sat, but it is still in use for customers wanting to upgrade their dish for HD. The offer is $49 for the dish and installation, plus 14.95 for handling and delivery, with a 1-year programming commitment to D* service

Well, or if your local channels are either on the 72.5 sat, 110, or 119... You can call them up and get a $0 Local Channel Equip Upgrade. (1yr Commit)

Then it's at no real cost to you... ^_^

~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts