Over the air NBC

shaak1943

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 20, 2005
Here is the situation. I have a newer DirecTv HD receiver and on outside antenna. I live in La Crosse WI 54601. The nearest NBC station is 60 miles away in Rochester MN broadcast on channel 10. However channel 10 is also rebroadcasted on channel 67 for this area. When I do the antenna setup and pick my primary market as La Crosse and the secondary market as Rochester the HD receiver does it's thing and I get all the channels for those markets displayed in the guide except for channel 67.

Is there a way to manually make the HD receiver look for just that station? Or is that channel out of the range that the HD receiver will look for for an over the air station?

If connect the antenna directly to my SD tv and have it scan for channel's it tunes in channel 67 fairly well and channel 10 is viewable-but not great. I know there is a difference between digital and analog signals (I know I will be able to view a weak analog signal but not a weak digital) but it just seems strange that neither the analog or digital signal is not showing up on the DirecTv HD receiver for either channel.

Any ideas would help. Thanks.

KTTC's digital channel is on RF channel 36. You might try for a manual scan of that channel. LaCrosse is just outside the main coverage area of KTTC, but a good antenna might make a difference.

For what it's worth there is an application on file for KTTC DT to be rebroadcast in your area on RF channel 50.

Based on the current service area maps, it looks like you should be able to get NBC on WEAU DT, rf channel 39. I know the maps aren't always accurate, but it might be worth a try.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)