Overflow Channel Issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

sandman989

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2009
Michigan
These overflow channels for college football games have been hit or miss for me all season. Today (11/12) the guide shows Kentucky @ Vanderbilt on 664 & 664-1, Fox Sports Detroit Plus. However, all I see when I tune to this channel is the DirecTV logo screen. Fox Sports Detroit is my local RSN, so I don't see why I should not have this game coming through. The CSR I spoke with tried to tell me that 664 is an entirely separate RSN I need the Sports Pack to get. I know this is not true, as in other weeks I have received the SEC Network game that FSD usually shows every week on FSD+ and I always get any Red Wings, Tigers, or Pistons games delegated to 664-1. Also today, the Rice @ Northwestern game on 611 & 611-1, one of the Big Ten Network overflow channels, is showing up in the guide, but only giving me the logo screen. I have never had a problem getting Big Ten Network overflow games before. I have seen these same problems with the ESPN reverse mirror games not coming in on the alternate channels, too, but according to the schedule, I don't anticipate that today. Any ideas on why I seem to have these sporadic issues with games not coming in on these overflow channels like they are scheduled to? Every time I try to talk to a CSR about this I don't quite think they understand what I'm trying to tell them and assume I'm just supposed to be blacked out of these games.

Did you tune into the games at the right time? I have noticed that on the guide, DirecTV will have a longer than required programming block for these football games to cover any time that the game might go long or perhaps into overtime. For example, if a football game is on at noon, DirecTV will have the game's programming block from noon until 4pm or so, even though a typical football game is about 3 hrs. So once the game is over, and if you try tuning into that channel, it will just be a black screen with a DirecTV logo.

Yes, I did tune to those channels when the games were on. The first person I talked to said she tuned in 664-1 where she was to make sure it was actually being shown on there and she said they were getting it there. Since I just get the logo screen and no message about calling such and such a number to order this event/package, this doesn't seem like a typical incorrect blackout. It appears as if the content is not even being delivered to the channel, but then how could that be if the CSR said she is getting it wherever she was at?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts