Volume control

Status
Please reply by conversation.

trckn4life

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Hello, I just had DirectTv installed a week ago. One tv LG, when you hold down the volume up or down it keeps going up or down.

On my Samsung tv you have to keep hitting the volume button...as pressing and holding goes down 1 notch. Is there a way to change this?

trckn4life said:
Hello, I just had DirectTv installed a week ago. One tv LG, when you hold down the volume up or down it keeps going up or down.

On my Samsung tv you have to keep hitting the volume button...as pressing and holding goes down 1 notch. Is there a way to change this?

You may wanna try a different code. Each tv is different and this may or may not work to your liking.

On the remote press
-menu
-parental favs setup
-system setup
-remote
-program remote
-tv
Select samsung and then your model and follow the steps

The steps will vary if you have standard equipment and you will have to put the codes in maually. Same steps for the most part.

Thanks for the help when the installer setup the remote on my Samsung tv he didn't choose the model I think it just scanned and took a code. I changed it to the exact model and holding down the up/down volume key will continue to process it up or down. Thank you Very Much!! Have to push it many times was getting old quick...

Glad it worked for you. I had the same kind of same thing happen once with one of my DVD players.Certain functions worked others didn't. Naturally, it was one of the brands that must have had about thirty codes and of course the one that worked just had to be near the end of the list. I can see why your installer might have grabbed the first one that appeared to work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts