Hard Drive Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Why would you want to do that? The HR20 has a 320GB drive and I believe the HR10-250 was 250GB.

With the low cost of drives, I'd get a larger new one.

Not to mention that if the HR20 is a leased unit, you're breaking the TOS.

Why not add an External Hard Drive instead ?

- Because then you have another piece of (unecessary) equipment taking up space + another outlet for a wall wart + the extra power consumption
- Because there are issues sometimes when their is a power failure, & when the power comes back on, sometimes the DVR ends up rebooting back on the internal drive, INSTEAD of the EHD

Agree w/jd, just go on-line & get a new (bigger) drive, instead of screwing around with some old, little Tivo drive. And, it very easy to swap drives on the HR20 series DVR's anyway - I found 1TB drives on Amazon for only $80 each & put one in each of my HR20-100's.

BTW, if these are leased DVR's, save the old drives. If your HR20 needs to be replaced under the lease prog, you can put the old drive back into the old DVR - then put in the replacement unit. ;)

Both are Owned units....the tivo unit is pretty much useless and the 20-700 is so slow and noisy thought I might swap them out if compatible. Not that concerned with capacity or TOS

- Because then you have another piece of (unecessary) equipment taking up space + another outlet for a wall wart + the extra power consumption
- Because there are issues sometimes when their is a power failure, & when the power comes back on, sometimes the DVR ends up rebooting back on the internal drive, INSTEAD of the EHD

Agree w/jd, just go on-line & get a new (bigger) drive, instead of screwing around with some old, little Tivo drive. And, it very easy to swap drives on the HR20 series DVR's anyway - I found 1TB drives on Amazon for only $80 each & put one in each of my HR20-100's.

BTW, if these are leased DVR's, save the old drives. If your HR20 needs to be replaced under the lease prog, you can put the old drive back into the old DVR - then put in the replacement unit. ;)

And you break the terms of your contract as soon as you do that.

The HR10-250 hard drive is PATA and the HR20 hard drive interface is SATA.

There are many, many other reasons not to do what you propose but this is the show stopper.

Thanks Harsh...thats the only reason I won't do it. Contract lol good one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)