Overlapping timers?

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Anybody know if Dish will ever have a fix for the issue of overlapping timers on the same channel consuming two tuners? I'm still running an original Hopper and this is about the only thing that really makes me want to upgrade. The programmers have obviously figured out how to do it since PTAT can produce multiple recordings from ABC/CBS/NBC/Fox with only one tuner even if the start and end times overlap. Why can't two overlapping timers on Discovery (just for example) run without taking over a second tuner?

Since they have never tried to fix that issue, I think that is what the 16 tuner hopper is all about. Whether it takes 1 or two tuners doesn't matter ,because you will rarely use all 16 tuners. I have 5 minute padding on all network tv and I don't use ptat anymore and I now get all my shows from beginning to end without missing anything.

PTAT is not recorded the same way as other recordings. PTAT records the entire transponder, and breaks them up after the fact. That is why you can playback a PTAT recording from last night, and keep it going all the way through the PTAT period, even with different shows.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts