Amazon explores streaming professional sports

And stupid Apple couldn't hire a former studio head or even Mike White (and spend what's going to be left of their $322 bil) to make their TV service ambitions (calling the MVPD TV biz "overly-complicated" and suprised none of the content owners were lining up to do deals with Apple) a reality. Apple will be joining Pan Am, Xerox, Microsoft, RIM (makers of Blackberry), Nokia and all the other withering or long dead former corporate behemoths if Apple does not start segueing into a new business, and MVPD would be a natural next stept for Apple. Heck, Apple can't even seem to produce some original content like Netflix, Amazon, et al. It's the long goodbye, Apple.

Interesting idea.
I believe that in the not too distant future, we will be viewing live sports on many different platforms.
However, the cost to view on services such as Amazon will include sticker shock.
In the absence of ads, the alternatives are high monthly fees or pay per view.
Something to consider.

hey guys isnt amazon one of the most requested apps that people will want to see next on their hopper 3s?

I bet charlie will charge amazon a pretty penny for that to happen

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!
who knows juan i think alot of folks who have requested amazon to dish on the hopper 3 there should be some third party developer who could create a app for amazon.

who knows juan i think alot of folks who have requested amazon to dish on the hopper 3 there should be some third party developer who could create a app for amazon.
It's the profit that Amazon would make is the issue..Charlie wants a piece of it

Why shouldn't he. He's providing the access. Seems to me if it works for Netflix, it could for Amazon. But that is THEIR decision.
Exactly...it was an explanation...amazon is large commercial enterprise...not to mention..amazon ppv is cheaper and better than dish....lots of reasons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)