Overnight Re-boot

cubsfan34

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2008
USA
I haven't checked my settings recently, but have they updated the Hoppers to allow the user to set the time the Hopper will shut down every night? I know on previous receivers I always set this for 4am, but with the Hopper it seems to happen a little after 1, and at times I'm still up watching TV. Sometimes I happen to be looking away from the screen for a few minutes, and next thing I know I have to sit there for 5 minutes waiting for everything to shut down and boot back up.

That's disappointing that we're still dealing with this. I assume there has to be some motivation on DISH's end to have all the receivers reboot at the same time? Otherwise, why would they not allow this to be custom for each user, especially when all previous receivers already had this option.

For me, I only deal with it on weekends. It would be really frustrating if my schedule had me watching TV every night during the reboot time.

Problably because after the update the timing has to be just right when everything is coming out of standby. It isn't your normal front button reboot that is occurring. I heard that customizable update times are coming but no idea when.

Am I the only one at a loss as to why it seems such a challenge for Dish to have a feature that has been legacy for almost a decade: setting the time one prefers updates. Then Dish can also allow us to add ONE OTA channel at a time instead of a full scan that can erase the custom channel labels.

I don't think Dish cares. They have our money and their hopper is the best choice available. Why work harder after the sale?

That is a bit of an unfair characterization. I think Dish has shown they are trying to get this thing right and are constantly adding to and improving it. Unfortunately the last improvement broke a few things. If Lucky says it's coming, it's coming.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts