Overnight update issue

LouieC

Original poster
Apr 18, 2017
MICHIGAN
I've always been a DIY person but I'm having an issue with my Dish setup that I can't seem to find any info on. I have two 722 receivers. I had a 1000.2 dish but I lost my view of the western sky. I read that Dish was doing eastern arc setups on all new installs in my area so I got a 1000.4 east arc dish and set it up. I got a signal and I thought everything was fine. I wake up the next day and I have no signal. I unhook the cable from the check switch and hook it into my signal finder and I have a signal. I adjust the dish a little to peak it and plug it back into the check switch. Everything is fine. The next morning the same thing. I start to do the same thing but I don't re-adjust the dish. My signal meter again finds a signal. I plug it back into the check switch, everything is fine again. The next morning, same thing. This time I just unplugged it from the check switch and immediately plug it back in. It works. So, for the last 8 days, every morning I unplug it and plug back in to the check switch, and everything is fine. I have looked around and found nothing on why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions or even heard of this happening before? I don't know if it is something as easy as a bad cable. The check switch was fine before I switched dishes, and the check switch test always passes.

I've always been a DIY person but I'm having an issue with my Dish setup that I can't seem to find any info on. I have two 722 receivers. I had a 1000.2 dish but I lost my view of the western sky. I read that Dish was doing eastern arc setups on all new installs in my area so I got a 1000.4 east arc dish and set it up. I got a signal and I thought everything was fine. I wake up the next day and I have no signal. I unhook the cable from the check switch and hook it into my signal finder and I have a signal. I adjust the dish a little to peak it and plug it back into the check switch. Everything is fine. The next morning the same thing. I start to do the same thing but I don't re-adjust the dish. My signal meter again finds a signal. I plug it back into the check switch, everything is fine again. The next morning, same thing. This time I just unplugged it from the check switch and immediately plug it back in. It works. So, for the last 8 days, every morning I unplug it and plug back in to the check switch, and everything is fine. I have looked around and found nothing on why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions or even heard of this happening before? I don't know if it is something as easy as a bad cable. The check switch was fine before I switched dishes, and the check switch test always passes.
I believe the issue is using a .4lnb on the .2 dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I had a 1000.2 dish but I lost my view of the western sky. I read that Dish was doing eastern arc setups on all new installs in my area so I got a 1000.4 east arc dish and set it up. I got a signal and I thought everything was fine. I wake up the next day and I have no signal.

Bizarre. Just to be clear, you got the whole 1000.4 including the 2 or 3 Eastern Arc LNB?

I have the original 1000.4 installed by a Dish subcontractor, (1) 722 and (2) 612's and I've never seen anything like that happen to any of them over the years. Possibly new firmware is doing this odd thing? Make sure your account is marked for Eastern Arc and see what happens. I'm guessing that your receivers reboot overnight, can't find the Western Arc sats, and go into this state.

Bizarre. Just to be clear, you got the whole 1000.4 including the 2 or 3 Eastern Arc LNB?

I have the original 1000.4 installed by a Dish subcontractor, (1) 722 and (2) 612's and I've never seen anything like that happen to any of them over the years. Possibly new firmware is doing this odd thing? Make sure your account is marked for Eastern Arc and see what happens. I'm guessing that your receivers reboot overnight, can't find the Western Arc sats, and go into this state.

Yes, I got the entire 1000.4 Dish with the 3 Eastern Arc LNB. I'll have to see what arc my account is marked for. Is that something you can see on your receiver, on your account online or do you have to call them for that?

Not sure but I think you have to call. Better yet, contact a member of the Dish IRT here. They can look it up and fix it for you.

Sounds a lot like an electrical problem, possibly a short. When you disconnect the dish it resets the voltage going to the LNB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)