Overscan on the 811?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

losvideo

Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Central Florida
I've noticed there is significant overscan on the 811 receiver. I have also noticed that I'm not the only person with this problem.

Is there any kind of fix for the overscan problem with the receivers?
I've actually connected another HD reference with a test pattern, and it's fine. It's just the signal from the 811 that is overscanned.

Any fixes available?
Thanks.

Have you tried the page up/page down buttons on your remote? They cycle through 5 different screen settings and should give you one that fits.

Yes

t00ld00d said:
Have you tried the page up/page down buttons on your remote? They cycle through 5 different screen settings and should give you one that fits.

Yes, Even when it is set to normal, the image is overscanned.
I have run other signals into the monitor to test it out, and they all came up solid and all safe areas were showing up correctly.

This is odd, I've read that some other guys here are experiencing the same problems.

Does anyone think DISH would be kind enough to upgrade the 811 to one of the newer models thaqt are coming out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)