Which 5 Satellites would you choose?

Spike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Suburbs of Milwaukee
Hello Everyone,

I finally have a 5 satellite install working. I currently have 61.5, 110, 119, 129, and 148 together. All that is available for me from 129 is VOOM, which by the way are found at the exact same channel locations as the VOOM channels on 61.5. Therefore the question is, which of the Satellites would you aim at for the fifth satellite?

110, 119 for my main Dish Network Subscription
148 for locals
61.5 for VOOM and Sky Angel
And the fifth dish pointed at.............?

the fifth slot is currently at 129 now...... should I leave it there for future possible programing, or....?

Spike said:
Hello Everyone,

I finally have a 5 satellite install working. I currently have 61.5, 110, 119, 129, and 148 together. All that is available for me from 129 is VOOM, which by the way are found at the exact same channel locations as the VOOM channels on 61.5. Therefore the question is, which of the Satellites would you aim at for the fifth satellite?

110, 119 for my main Dish Network Subscription
148 for locals
61.5 for VOOM and Sky Angel
And the fifth dish pointed at.............?

the fifth slot is currently at 129 now...... should I leave it there for future possible programing, or....?

There's not any other DISH satellite you could aim it at (assuming it's not a 30" or larger dish). You can't aim a regular 18" dish at 105 or 121 and get a signal so you're only option left is 129. Of course, you don't HAVE to have a five-satellite install.

in your location phase out the 61.5 like BnT says your locals down there are on 148 and Voom is now on 129 so no need for anything you want on 61.5 unless of course you watch that much religious programming, I don't know when and if they will phase out 61.5 but they probably will maybe

CBS HD is only at 61.5 and I hear the other NY SD stations are at 61.5, so if Dish adds local HD in NY, you might want to keep 61.5, if you get CBSHD.

jerryez said:
CBS HD is only at 61.5 and I hear the other NY SD stations are at 61.5, so if Dish adds local HD in NY, you might want to keep 61.5, if you get CBSHD.

CBS-HD West (LA) is on 148. They are testing the big 4 West coast HD networks at 129.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)