Own channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
KU transmitter lnb can be had fairly cheap. What would it cost for someone to broadcast on a unused transponder on a satellite like amc-4?

SatelliteAv probably has the info but I've seen the info for a 24/7 channel? Few thousand bucks a month

It does seem pretty expensive. It's from 2007 though. I just did a quick search on google and found that. I suppose one could probably dig up more things if they wanted.

that's for analog and seems pretty steep...If that's the price then I have no clue how some small college teams get their games on KU satellite...figure 4 hours minimum thats almost 2 grand just for TP space

That's for a full 36mhz TP.

Including Uplink (turning a signal) without a playout service on a more popular bird, 3meg signal, 24/7, 13 - 18K per month.

TP space for a SCPC will vary on the length of contract, priority, bandwidth, EIRP, etc.

Sign a long contract on a less desireable satellite, low EIRP, with low priority and the cost can be quite low!

talk to those that already have stations up there... a lot of them might have unused space that they might rent out, like an additional audio channel or something?

Don't forget to file for a FCC licences for your uplink transmitter!!! You don't want to get busted.:eek:

Or hire someone has the licences uplink and find out the airtime charges.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts