Owned HR10-250 upgrade to HR20 best deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called about 4 different times and was offered something different by each csr. One was $50 off, another $100 off, then $150 off, and one said no discounts were available. I finally asked for retention and without any hesitation was offered the $19.99 deal and it will be installed Saturday morning.

Got it for $19.95

Lurker here.

I called the Retention Department (by calling the regular number and saying "cancel service" at the automated prompt). When the customer service rep answered I told him I wanted to upgrade to the new HD DVR. He said it would be $99. I told him I saw online that people were getting it for $19.95. He checked, and after a moment said he could do that deal for me. It's getting installed on Saturday. (Shoot, just realized I forgot to ask about a commitment.)

For what it's worth, I've been a DirecTV customer for about 4 years.

--Scott

I got a great deal by calling retention. They have a direct number, but you have to have a PIN number, which changes weekly, so you might as well call the regular number and ask for retention. I posted the deal I got under "Great Deal." in this forum. I am really happy. It is all because of what DISH was offering. They had to match it or beat it, or I would have left. I wasn't mean about it or anything, but just told them what the DISH folks were offering. If you run into a csr that won't help you, call back later. Each one is different.

Round # 2 call: Offered 2 - HR20 's to replace my 2 - HR10-250's for :( $198.00 with free Dish, install and S&H waived. Did manage to get fee for NFL SF waived as well. Will try again over the weekend.

Just got off the phone. After saying "cancel" when prompted. I told the lady my 2 year commit was up and I was considering Dish if I was going to have to pay a lot of money for new receivers to get the new HD programming. Without any fuss here is what she offered me:
- HR20 for $99 to replace my old receiver (HR10-250)
- an additional HR20 for free
- $10 per/mo. off my package for the next year
- free install

I thought about pushing for a better deal, but I am fine with this. Of course, we now have a new 2 year agreement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts