Owned HR10-250 upgrade to HR20 best deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I called about 4 different times and was offered something different by each csr. One was $50 off, another $100 off, then $150 off, and one said no discounts were available. I finally asked for retention and without any hesitation was offered the $19.99 deal and it will be installed Saturday morning.

Got it for $19.95

Lurker here.

I called the Retention Department (by calling the regular number and saying "cancel service" at the automated prompt). When the customer service rep answered I told him I wanted to upgrade to the new HD DVR. He said it would be $99. I told him I saw online that people were getting it for $19.95. He checked, and after a moment said he could do that deal for me. It's getting installed on Saturday. (Shoot, just realized I forgot to ask about a commitment.)

For what it's worth, I've been a DirecTV customer for about 4 years.

--Scott

I got a great deal by calling retention. They have a direct number, but you have to have a PIN number, which changes weekly, so you might as well call the regular number and ask for retention. I posted the deal I got under "Great Deal." in this forum. I am really happy. It is all because of what DISH was offering. They had to match it or beat it, or I would have left. I wasn't mean about it or anything, but just told them what the DISH folks were offering. If you run into a csr that won't help you, call back later. Each one is different.

Round # 2 call: Offered 2 - HR20 's to replace my 2 - HR10-250's for :( $198.00 with free Dish, install and S&H waived. Did manage to get fee for NFL SF waived as well. Will try again over the weekend.

Just got off the phone. After saying "cancel" when prompted. I told the lady my 2 year commit was up and I was considering Dish if I was going to have to pay a lot of money for new receivers to get the new HD programming. Without any fuss here is what she offered me:
- HR20 for $99 to replace my old receiver (HR10-250)
- an additional HR20 for free
- $10 per/mo. off my package for the next year
- free install

I thought about pushing for a better deal, but I am fine with this. Of course, we now have a new 2 year agreement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)