ox81000031

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
After Googling it, this appears to be an error related to the built in Windows Back Up & Restore?

This isn't going to help your present situation as I have no solution, and I hate when people do this to me and stick in their 2 cents instead of helping out, but I'll say it any way, find something else to do back up with besides the built in Windows utility. I've never encountered that particular problem, but I've encountered may others when using it. It used to be half way decent, but now it's terrible. Until this past weekend all of my problems with the Windows Backup have been at work. Backups fail with errors code that require hours of troubleshooting, and usually don't end up working. Errors while recovering that leave you SOL. At work what used to be nothing but Windows Backup & Restore, Windows Server Backup and the old NT Backup, is now all Acronis.

This past weekend, I reformatted and did a clean install of Windows 10 1709 on my three personal computers and one work computer. I have a very specific process I go through, and the very last thing I do when the computer is in what I consider to be a perfect state is take a back up image. It failed at very end on three out of the four computers. I have no desire to troubleshoot these problems, Acronis True Image is going to be installed on all of them. Acronis is by no means perfect, and can be a PITA, but it never left me high and dry.

Again sorry I can't help, but I hope you find a solution, and if possible, I'd highly consider switching to a more robust way to back up or take sys images.

After Googling it, this appears to be an error related to the built in Windows Back Up & Restore?

This isn't going to help your present situation as I have no solution, and I hate when people do this to me and stick in their 2 cents instead of helping out, but I'll say it any way, find something else to do back up with besides the built in Windows utility. I've never encountered that particular problem, but I've encountered may others when using it. It used to be half way decent, but now it's terrible. Until this past weekend all of my problems with the Windows Backup have been at work. Backups fail with errors code that require hours of troubleshooting, and usually don't end up working. Errors while recovering that leave you SOL. At work what used to be nothing but Windows Backup & Restore, Windows Server Backup and the old NT Backup, is now all Acronis.

This past weekend, I reformatted and did a clean install of Windows 10 1709 on my three personal computers and one work computer. I have a very specific process I go through, and the very last thing I do when the computer is in what I consider to be a perfect state is take a back up image. It failed at very end on three out of the four computers. I have no desire to troubleshoot these problems, Acronis True Image is going to be installed on all of them. Acronis is by no means perfect, and can be a PITA, but it never left me high and dry.

Again sorry I can't help, but I hope you find a solution, and if possible, I'd highly consider switching to a more robust way to back up or take sys images.
Thanks for the reply. Microsoft Help Desk sent me some instructions and it fixed the problem. It was a little off the wall and I had to close all my virus protection programs, but it worked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts