P.I.s deactivated along with Sky Angel 3ABN remains

laseradam

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Goshen, OH
I got deactivated by Sky Angel. The next day the public interest channels disappeared but I am still receiveing 3ABN.

The only thing I am getting is 3ABN, and the screen that says you are pointed at 61.5, and the Dish info channel.

Do you think 3ABN is a free channel that anyone with a new unactivated receive can receive?

Yes that is true, I took a deactivated receiver (been on a shelf for a couple of years), hooked it up to my dish 500 w/61.5 setup - got new software downloaded, and 3ABN was on. I am going to try it on 129W today.
Bob

OK I checked 129W, two (2) channels on a deactivated receiver. The "congratulations you have a Dish 1000" and 3ABN. 119W two (2) channels that aren't Dish Network related, NASA and Angel. 110W two (2) channels CCTV 9 & CCTV E+F (chinese). 148W one (1) channel TV Japan plus the dish channels.

I don't think you get the Normal PI (or PA) channels unless you have an activated receiver.
Bob

3ABn must be one of those "fixed key" type channels that as long as the box was subscribed (and has a new card) you can get it...even if its now an unsubbed box

CCTV on 110 is like that.

NASA & ANgel One on 119 are free and any box can get them (even with the old blue cards)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts