P.O.S. 811 Strikes Again!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would bitch and scream if I'd purchased this new but I was aware of the problems this stb has had since it's debut, so I purchased it well knowing it had an awful track record. I can live with it until Dish transitions their HD to MPEG-4 then I'll have to get a HD DVR and relegate this POS to the scrap heap or use it for OTA only.

DarrellP said:
If your Dish equipment is not purchased from Dish or an authorized Dish dealer, they will not cover it under the extended warranty. I know, I bought a quad LNB and tried putting it on there and they refused.
Strange - considering that E* does NOT track LNBs, or retailer's installations/upgrades of outdoor equipment.

In other words, it sounds like you're a victim of yet another stupid CSR.

Purogamer said:
After 9 days I got my receiver working again after wiping the hdd clean and starting over. Amazing what a few button presses on the remote can fix. Why E* won't just walk me through this on the phone instead of making me wait 4 days for a new un-necessary receiver is beyond me.. It now works BETTER than new, it's faster than it was when I first started...Thank you dishmod...
Wow....... I did not even know the 811 had a hard drive. :no

So are you guys telling me that I can place my used 811 which I purchased from a private party on my Extended Warranty plan? I have the old plan which costs $1.99/month.

That is correct ALL Dishnetwork branded equipment is covered. There is no reason to tell them where any of it was purchased.

DarrellP said:
So are you guys telling me that I can place my used 811 which I purchased from a private party on my Extended Warranty plan? I have the old plan which costs $1.99/month.

Hi Darrell, I have the same plan. There is nothing that states the warranted equipment has to be purchased from Dish, or that you have to notify them of any equipment you add. I had a 508 die that I purchased from Dish Depot and I use in my motor-home, called Dish and they sent me a another 508, no argument, no cost.

NightRyder

Well, here's a new one I've never experienced before, it reminds me of my old, trusty 6000: I just turned on my 811 and it has been off since 11 PM last night and was tuned to an OTA digital channel. I turned it on, hit Guide and guess what? NO FRICKIN GUIDE DATA! It had to acquire the satellite & download the guide, and the receiver was turned OFF. Crap, even the 6000 will keep the guide data current when tuned to OTA if it is powered off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)