P25, 2 Talkgroups with 1 Dongle?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
Here in SC the Highway Patrol operates on a P25 trunk system. All of my scanners are analog, and since that is the only thing digital I'd be interested in I hate to spend a lot of $$ on a dedicated digital scanner just for that. I've been doing some reading on the internet and YouTube watching but I have to admit my head is spinning with all the different methods people use.

For those who have more experience in the SDR world what is my simplest solution if I want to monitor two talk groups (the local dispatch and talk around Talkgroups) on our local P25 system? I know some videos say it can be done with a single dongle, whereas others say you need 2, 3, or even more?

Here is the frequency range of the tower in question:

851.4625852.125852.925a853.1625853.425c860.2625

Here in SC the Highway Patrol operates on a P25 trunk system. All of my scanners are analog, and since that is the only thing digital I'd be interested in I hate to spend a lot of $$ on a dedicated digital scanner just for that. I've been doing some reading on the internet and YouTube watching but I have to admit my head is spinning with all the different methods people use.

For those who have more experience in the SDR world what is my simplest solution if I want to monitor two talk groups (the local dispatch and talk around Talkgroups) on our local P25 system? I know some videos say it can be done with a single dongle, whereas others say you need 2, 3, or even more?

Here is the frequency range of the tower in question:

851.4625852.125852.925a853.1625853.425c860.2625
Just up thr oad from you, sorry I did not get back to your email, same situation as you, but in the meantime found a 1.2 andrews that I put up fixed on 103. Anyway back to subject. What I find best here is DSD+Faslane. I use a single dongle, you whant one with a occilator in aka RTL version 3, but found something better and cheaper. It's the flight aware orange stick, has a amp in it and works wonders. With dsd you can download all the SC talk groups here in the data base and in FMP24CC you just set your local site. Only $10 bucks a year or $25 lifetime and works very well. I could send you a working file with the control channel set to you area, if you promise to donate to the cause.

Just up thr oad from you, sorry I did not get back to your email, same situation as you, but in the meantime found a 1.2 andrews that I put up fixed on 103. Anyway back to subject. What I find best here is DSD+Faslane. I use a single dongle, you whant one with a occilator in aka RTL version 3, but found something better and cheaper. It's the flight aware orange stick, has a amp in it and works wonders. With dsd you can download all the SC talk groups here in the data base and in FMP24CC you just set your local site. Only $10 bucks a year or $25 lifetime and works very well. I could send you a working file with the control channel set to you area, if you promise to donate to the cause.
Could I get these files? I purchased Fastlane about a week ago but still haven't received anything from them yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts