P282 back in the mix?

UglyFatKid

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 19, 2003
I recieved the P282 update this evening, 12/2/04. I'm only posting this because the P282 fixes/bugs thread said on 11/30/04 that P282 was discontinued. Receiver ID starts with 0059.

It's not supposed to be...though I have a feeling/theory why you got it....gotta verify though. I am on a mission so be patient please. What's the "Boot Strap" version listed above your Software Rev?
Jason

Hmmm.. That is odd. Jason you thinking they are releasing 2.82 to people with a certain bootstrap and releasing 2.83 to others? Having two versions for the same receiver out for a period of time is a support headache. Hopefully they are not doing that, but then again maybe it is the best way to fix this issue.

WeeJavaDude said:
Hmmm.. That is odd. Jason you thinking they are releasing 2.82 to people with a certain bootstrap and releasing 2.83 to others? Having two versions for the same receiver out for a period of time is a support headache. Hopefully they are not doing that, but then again maybe it is the best way to fix this issue.
No WJD, this is not what happened, and no they are not. I can not comment further on this in the forum.

Jason

nippjas said:
No WJD, this is not what happened, and no they are not. I can not comment further on this in the forum.

Jason

Figured it was not the case. Looks like they messed up on 2.83 and put themselves into a pickle. Lets hope they can work through it without producing too much customer pain.

new_to_hdtv said:
Unh. Think about it.

Could it be an NDA? Maybe an E* employee? Maybe a beta tester? Maybe none of the above?

Suffice it to say: When someone says they can say no more, let it be. ;)

SimpleSimon said:
Unh. Think about it.

Could it be an NDA? Maybe an E* employee? Maybe a beta tester? Maybe none of the above?

Suffice it to say: When someone says they can say no more, let it be. ;)
:rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts