Package Change Advice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

slimdog

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 15, 2008
Well, the time has come. My special signup package has expired, and I need to make a decision for a permanent package to settle on.

I have one hd-dvr, and two regular boxes in the bedrooms. Based on the website there doesn't seem to be many choices. I see the 'plus HD DVR' packake for 72.99. That seems to be the obvious choice. Are there any other deals going on? Or options that I'm missing? I'm kind of a noob at what they offer so I thought I would throw a line out there and see if anyone has any expertice or opinions to share.

Thanks,

slim-

Nothing that I can see. I will have this coming to me at the End of February. I am going to that package plus the Sports Package and HD Extra. I have two DVR's one SD and one HD. No matter what is is cheaper than my cable with a lot more HD and channels.

I went with the plus hd dvr for 72.99, 2 addtl receivers 4.99 each. I still had an old 9.99/mo credit from a previous NFL superfan dispute. The rep was very nice she assured me those credits would stay, and the switch was very easy.

I was on the website today and noticed you can do all of the changes online, pretty neat. Although when I go into it, it says only one change per day. I wonder could a person change and get HBO just for one day? To watch a specific show? Then switch back the next day? lol kinda dishonest I know...

Overall I'm still very happy with my service. Viva la D*

.I was on the website today and noticed you can do all of the changes online, pretty neat. Although when I go into it, it says only one change per day. I wonder could a person change and get HBO just for one day? To watch a specific show? Then switch back the next day? lol kinda dishonest I know...

Overall I'm still very happy with my service. Viva la D*
You could ,But it would cost you $10 . Anytime you remove a premium within 30 days of adding any premium it will cost you $10.

You could ,But it would cost you $10 . Anytime you remove a premium within 30 days of adding any premium it will cost you $10.

which is not a big deal at all. you're allowed to make these changes as much as you want every 30 days. some providers barely let you make changes during the whole year.

Ah, the $10 charge...

Thats still pretty cool though. If you wanted to signup for HBO for the end of the season of a show or something you could get it for 31 days then cancel.

I remember having sprint when a package change meant a contract extension :mad: Fortunately they have changed tunes as well!

E would only let me make changes about twice a year. i don't know if that' still the case since I decided never to even think about making changes again but for some reason they would make it difficult. this was my case.

Ah, the $10 charge...

Thats still pretty cool though. If you wanted to signup for HBO for the end of the season of a show or something you could get it for 31 days then cancel.

I remember having sprint when a package change meant a contract extension :mad: Fortunately they have changed tunes as well!
You can Swap it with a different Premium anytime too. But the 30 days starts over again. Its a nice feature.

E would only let me make changes about twice a year. i don't know if that' still the case since I decided never to even think about making changes again but for some reason they would make it difficult. this was my case.
The only loop hole I found to avoid the $5 downgrading fee . Well maybe I shouldn't say. I don't want E* to find out . PM if you want. And if your a Pub Member I'll Tell you.:) But it only works on Premium Packs . HBO,Cinemax,Starz,Showtime. Not Playboy or Base packs.

The only loop hole I found to avoid the $5 downgrading fee . Well maybe I shouldn't say. I don't want E* to find out . PM if you want. And if your a Pub Member I'll Tell you.:) But it only works on Premium Packs . HBO,Cinemax,Starz,Showtime. Not Playboy or Base packs.

you know I'm a pub member chief :D;). but pm anyway. thanks buddy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)