Package changes/Billing confusion...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
I recently changed my programming package from AEP, and am totally confused about what my billing statement says (on-line)... I need a little help from the gurus!

I am receiving the following:

1) DVR Advantage 250 w/locals
2) HD Ultimate
3) Cinemax for $.01 deal
4) 2 Premiums (HBO/SHOW)
5) 2 Leased Receivers (211/622)

So here's how I think it should be breaking down per month:

1) $54.99 (?)
2) $20.00
3) $.01
4) $22.00
5) $14.00
$111.00 (pre-tax)

And here's what my most recent billing statement says:

1) DISHDVR ADVANTAGE, YOU SAVED $5.98!
2) DISHHD WITH 3 PREMIUM PACKAGE
3) LEASED RECEIVER FEE
4) LEASED RECEIVER FEE

With the charges reflected as this:

1) $49.99
2) $50.00
3/4) $14.00
$113.99 (pre-tax)

To add further confusion, the "My Programming" tab says this:

1) Current Programming: America's Top 200, dishHD Ultimate
2) Local Channels: Philadelphia, PA DMA Package
3) Premium Channels: 1 Yr Cinemax for a Penny with Autopay Participation, HBO, Showtime Unlimited
4) International or A La Carte or Add-ons: Nosports, DISH Network DVR Service Fee, AMERICA'S TOP 250 BONUS PAK

I'm getting ready to move (for real) anyway so, i don't know if I really feel like raising a fuss over a ~$3.00 difference at this point. Especially since I might just go to another provider. Still, I'm somewhat stunned by how frack'n complicated it's become just to figure out what I *should* be paying...

Input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
First off if you are worried about $3.00 drop HD Ultimate and go with HDEssentials. Since the demise of Voom Ultimate is not worth the $10.00 difference. Second, I can clear up at least one confusion with your bill. The reason it shows AT200, then AT250 Bonus pack later is that the Dish DVR Advantage was only set up in billing for AT200 (at least that is what a CSR told me when I asked about it). Adding AT250 on it is a hack (with the AT250 Bonus Pak costing the same as the difference between AT250 and AT200). As for the rest of it, I have no clue.

Thanks for the response.
First off if you are worried about $3.00 drop HD Ultimate and go with HDEssentials. Since the demise of Voom Ultimate is not worth the $10.00 difference...
I'm not really that concerned over the difference. It's just, if I should be paying less, then why pay more, ya know? As far as the HD goes, I'm happy with the programming as is. I miss a few Voom channels but, I wouldn't drop to Essentials. I'm not dissatisfied with E* at all, been quite happy actually, I just don't know what my new place will be like for LOS, HOA, etc.
...Second, I can clear up at least one confusion with your bill. The reason it shows AT200, then AT250 Bonus pack later is that the Dish DVR Advantage was only set up in billing for AT200 (at least that is what a CSR told me when I asked about it). Adding AT250 on it is a hack (with the AT250 Bonus Pak costing the same as the difference between AT250 and AT200). As for the rest of it, I have no clue.
Thanks for clarifying this. I had a feeling that might be the case. I just didn't feel motivated to brave the CSR roulette...

Thanks for the response.I'm not really that concerned over the difference. It's just, if I should be paying less, then why pay more, ya know? As far as the HD goes, I'm happy with the programming as is. I miss a few Voom channels but, I wouldn't drop to Essentials. I'm not dissatisfied with E* at all, been quite happy actually, I just don't know what my new place will be like for LOS, HOA, etc.

I'm sorry if I came across as thinking you were unhappy with dish for dropping Voom. Just trying to let you know that DishHD Ultimate only adds a few HD channels to your lineup (vs HD Essentials, see the difference here: DISH Network -- Dish HD), so in my opinion, it's really not worth the extra $10. However if you actually enjoy any of the channels added then by all means continue the service.
Also, I noticed that you mentioned HOA in your possible reasons for not continuing dish. Although I know they can be draconian, keep in mind that the HOA cannot legally prevent you from installing a dish. If you want to keep dish and are worried about the HOA, see this site:FCC Fact Sheet on Placement of Antennas

Best of Luck to you in decrypting the rest of your bill :D,

Agonizing Fury

DVR advantage with AT250 is $59.99 not $54.99, that is the price, for the package without locals and DVR service.

In dish's system the 200-250 upgrade counts as a premium and with the 2 others you get a slight discount.

OTOH you are paying a lease fee for both recievers when one should be included with the package.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts