Package pricing

Link

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
Illinois
I recently went from Welcome Pack to the Top 250 to have more options during the winter months. To my surprise my bill for the Top 250 says $79.99 month. It is supposed to be $89.99. My dad has it and his is $89.99. Since August, my account is also on the 2 year price guarantee with $5 off for Auto Pay a month. I got this when I tried out the Flex pack for a month.

Anyway I was just curious if anyone knows, why I get Top 250 $10 cheaper than it's listed for? I'll take it for sure, but just wasn't sure why it was like this.

I recently went from Welcome Pack to the Top 250 to have more options during the winter months. To my surprise my bill for the Top 250 says $79.99 month. It is supposed to be $89.99. My dad has it and his is $89.99. Since August, my account is also on the 2 year price guarantee with $5 off for Auto Pay a month. I got this when I tried out the Flex pack for a month.

Anyway I was just curious if anyone knows, why I get Top 250 $10 cheaper than it's listed for? I'll take it for sure, but just wasn't sure why it was like this.

You answered your own question! You are on the two year current customer discount contract. The Top packages will be $10 off for the two years with no price increase. You are also getting the $5 off for autopay in your bill. Your Dad can get that too most likely.
By the way, I would look closely at the packages it is possible the Top 200 will still have the channels you really want with another $10 savings.

How did I miss that one? :confused: Is it still possible to get this deal?
On going no ending date that I am aware of has been given. Contact Dirt. Very similar to a new customer contract. Two year freeze on package price, $10 discount off 120+ through Top 250 for the two years. Plus another $5 discount for autopay. DIRT will add a section to your account where you agree to the terms and the reduction will be almost immediate. Autopay discount will show on next billing.

You answered your own question! You are on the two year current customer discount contract. The Top packages will be $10 off for the two years with no price increase. You are also getting the $5 off for autopay in your bill. Your Dad can get that too most likely.
By the way, I would look closely at the packages it is possible the Top 200 will still have the channels you really want with another $10 savings.

Thanks for the info. They never told me a thing about it.

Reactions: Tampa8
Thanks for the info. They never told me a thing about it.

The two year pricing guarantee you mentioned in your post applies to most any package you go to, you can switch at anytime and keep the deal. For the Top packages that includes $10 off, not for the Flex Package however.

The two year pricing guarantee you mentioned in your post applies to most any package you go to, you can switch at anytime and keep the deal. For the Top packages that includes $10 off, not for the Flex Package however.

I think I understand that if we drop below AT120+ that we lose that $10 discount. :( Do we regain it again once we go back to AT120+ or above?

I think I understand that if we drop below AT120+ that we lose that $10 discount. :( Do we regain it again once we go back to AT120+ or above?

Yes, to the best of my knowledge and based on a recent post of a current customer who went from a two year contract on the Flex pack to a Top pack and automatically got the discount.

Very similar to a new customer contract. Two year freeze on package price, $10 discount off 120+ through Top 250 for the two years. Plus another $5 discount for autopay. DIRT will add a section to your account where you agree to the terms and the reduction will be almost immediate. Autopay discount will show on next billing.

If you've just been going month-to-month, is that where you'd have to give your SSN and they'd have to run a credit check before you'd qualify for the contract commitment?

If you've just been going month-to-month, is that where you'd have to give your SSN and they'd have to run a credit check before you'd qualify for the contract commitment?
Just to clarify this, I signed up for the contract, and I did not have to give my SSN nor was any credit check mentioned.

I signed up for the contract with Flex Pack. I just checked my contract to see what it says about the credits:

Credits
Notwithstanding any contrary terms or conditions of your Promotion Agreement and/or the Residential Customer Agreement, DISH confirms that it will provide you with a monthly account credit with an aggregate value of $240 or more (the “Credits”) during a portion of the twenty-four (24) month period immediately following the date on which you accept this offer by checking the “I accept” box below (the “Credit Period ”).

With Flex Pack, I am only getting the $5 per month discount for 24 months with autopay. (A total of $120) When am I supposed to get the other $120 or more? Is that the estimated value of the price protection credit over the length of the two-year contract?

In another thread, someone posted his contract:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-introduces-flex-pack.362590/page-28
post number 541

In that post, it says:

DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee applies solely to your Price Guarantee Programming Package in connection with the programming you selected upon your acceptance of this offer by checking the “I accept” box below. In the event that you change your Price Guarantee Programming Package to any other programming package (including, without limitation, another programming package that qualifies for DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion) following the date on which you accept this offer by checking the “I accept” box below, then you will pay the then-current price of such other programming package.

So, at least for some people who accepted this offer, they are not able to switch packages and still get the discounted price on their new package.

Reactions: Troch77
A big thank you to the folks providing the $10 and $5 discount info! Satguys strikes again.

Just set this up on the phone (required 'next level' support....) and about 25 minutes total (mostly hold time) but it worked! $360 over 2 years. Would have used dirt but no one available.

Reactions: pattykay and Tampa8
In another thread, someone posted his contract:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/dish-introduces-flex-pack.362590/page-28
post number 541

In that post, it says:

DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee applies solely to your Price Guarantee Programming Package in connection with the programming you selected upon your acceptance of this offer by checking the “I accept” box below. In the event that you change your Price Guarantee Programming Package to any other programming package (including, without limitation, another programming package that qualifies for DISH’s 2-Year TV Price Guarantee promotion) following the date on which you accept this offer by checking the “I accept” box below, then you will pay the then-current price of such other programming package.

So, at least for some people who accepted this offer, they are not able to switch packages and still get the discounted price on their new package.

Yes they all can till there is a price increase and lose nothing. And that new price will become the guaranteed price for the remainder of the contract unless you switch after another price increase again.
Example - you switch after a price increase of $3 to another package. You will pay not the full package price but $10 less than the package price, which would be $3 more than before.

Just to clarify this, I signed up for the contract, and I did not have to give my SSN nor was any credit check mentioned.

I signed up for the contract with Flex Pack. I just checked my contract to see what it says about the credits:

Credits
Notwithstanding any contrary terms or conditions of your Promotion Agreement and/or the Residential Customer Agreement, DISH confirms that it will provide you with a monthly account credit with an aggregate value of $240 or more (the “Credits”) during a portion of the twenty-four (24) month period immediately following the date on which you accept this offer by checking the “I accept” box below (the “Credit Period ”).

With Flex Pack, I am only getting the $5 per month discount for 24 months with autopay. (A total of $120) When am I supposed to get the other $120 or more? Is that the estimated value of the price protection credit over the length of the two-year contract?

Flex pack was not part of the $10 promotion, try looking in other parts of the contract to see if it discusses Flex Pack, possibly the "Contrary Terms"
If you switch to a qualifying Top package you will automatically start receiving the $10 discount for the rest of the contract.

Last edited:
Thanks Tampa8 for pointing out this offer. DIRT set us up. No SSN or credit check. Been on Autopay and AT250 for years. Long, long,long time customer.

Now we can afford holiday gifts. :p

Thanks to all

SatGuys and DIRT rock. :hatsoff2

Merry Xmas

Reactions: pattykay and Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts