Status
Please reply by conversation.

msgph

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 17, 2004
Kansas City, MO
Hi All,

Due to the recent package changes, can I get some recommendations on if the current package is the best way to go?

I currently have this:

DIRECTV Equipment (6@4.99)
DIRECTV Protection Plan (5.99)
DIRECTV DVR Service (5.99)
HBO, STARZ, and CINEMAX (34.00)
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS (51.99)
HD Access (0.00) (Free for one more month)

Are there better, cheaper options?

Thanks to everyone, I appreciate your time!

Michael

Hi All,

Due to the recent package changes, can I get some recommendations on if the current package is the best way to go?

I currently have this:

DIRECTV Equipment (6@4.99)
DIRECTV Protection Plan (5.99)
DIRECTV DVR Service (5.99)
HBO, STARZ, and CINEMAX (34.00)
TOTAL CHOICE PLUS (51.99)
HD Access (0.00) (Free for one more month)

Are there better, cheaper options?

Thanks to everyone, I appreciate your time!

Michael

If you want to keep your current level of service, you can't save any money by changing packages. If anything, you'll increase by a few dollars. If you want a smaller bill, all you can do is dump premiums, HD, DVR, or rcvr's.

OTOH, you're at a point where it might be worth considering Premier. Premier would be $99.99/month includes the DVR fee, and gets you Showtime + Sports pack in addition to what you already have. Compare that to your current $91.98 for TC+/DVR/HBO/Starz/MAX. Your bill increases $8, but you'll have all the channels. I've always preferred HBO/Starz to SHO, but lately Showtime has really improved their homegrown series' (not a fan of The L Word, but Dexter was very good and returning), mini-series', and self-made movies.

Thanks for the information. I looked at the different plans, but I didn't see anything that would save me money, either. The premier package does look like the way to go, might as well have it all for a few bucks more!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)