packages that FSN is available??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

victort1973

Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
I currently have the total choice package and the sports pack. I am looking to dump the sportspack but I can't find a new package that includes FSN Detroit. Do I really have to get the premier package to receive FSN???

Also, I am really getting annoyed as I have now twice called and cancelled NBA league pass and may have to call yet again. My July bill said it would not auto renew but this month's bill has a renewal notice for it. Any thoughts?

If your regional sports network is indeed FSN (Local teams broadcast on that channel) then that should be included with your choice package. Regional sports networks are included with your base package and are assigned by zipcode. Here in Chicago, we get the Comcast Sports channel as that is our local channel (Cubs, Sox, Bulls, Hawks). Those teams used to air on our Fox Chicago channel (2006) & back then we got that channel. Once all those teams switched to Comcast Sports Net the Fox channel was switched to the sports pack tier.

As far as the billing issue goes, I've seen that happen a few times. Try logging into your account & use the email option to confirm it is removed.

If your regional sports network is indeed FSN (Local teams broadcast on that channel) then that should be included with your choice package. Regional sports networks are included with your base package and are assigned by zipcode. Here in Chicago, we get the Comcast Sports channel as that is our local channel (Cubs, Sox, Bulls, Hawks). Those teams used to air on our Fox Chicago channel (2006) & back then we got that channel. Once all those teams switched to Comcast Sports Net the Fox channel was switched to the sports pack tier.

As far as the billing issue goes, I've seen that happen a few times. Try logging into your account & use the email option to confirm it is removed.

Thanks for the info. I live in Michigan so FSN Detoit should definitely come with my base package.

Yes, I'm looking at the guide right now & that is your RSN.
LOL, upon further review I am keeping the sportspack. I tried to remove it but a window popped up and said I had to upgrade my package because I am currently in a discontinued package (total choice). By the time I upgrade and get rid of the sports pack, I would only be saving $5. I guess I'd rather have the extra sports channels than an extra $5 a month. Oh well.

LOL, upon further review I am keeping the sportspack. I tried to remove it but a window popped up and said I had to upgrade my package because I am currently in a discontinued package (total choice). By the time I upgrade and get rid of the sports pack, I would only be saving $5. I guess I'd rather have the extra sports channels than an extra $5 a month. Oh well.

You cannot change the grandfathered packages online. A CSR may be able to make the change if you call Directv.

You cannot change the grandfathered packages online. A CSR may be able to make the change if you call Directv.

I know the grandfathered rule & thought you could make subtractions (like removing the sports pack) & still qualify to keep your original package.
I know what the website told you; anyone here with more info on this subject?

I had an old package & was always removing/adding the HDpack/Extra & they never did anything with my grandfathered package (besides remove FMC in a E* sort of way) from the package list. I have now moved to the HDDVR PLus package & of course the old package is toast now.

I know the grandfathered rule & thought you could make subtractions (like removing the sports pack) & still qualify to keep your original package.
I know what the website told you; anyone here with more info on this subject?

I had an old package & was always removing/adding the HDpack/Extra & they never did anything with my grandfathered package (besides remove FMC in a E* sort of way) from the package list. I have now moved to the HDDVR PLus package & of course the old package is toast now.

When I tried to remove Starz several months ago, I got that same response on the website. I called a CSR and she was able to remove the premium without changing from my TC+ package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)