what is going on

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jappleboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Why no fox news in HD. It is funny that nether DISH or Directv has it.If you look at the thread it is the number one ask for HD channel. Why do some of the cable company have it. Maybe we should all come together both Dish and Directv and push for it. Scott if you read this let get something started. One big Satellite push on both thread. I see were this site is NUMBER ONE ON SATELLITE NEWS ONLINE.:eureka

Why do we continue to start threads about the same thing over and over again? there is already a thread named annoyed with waiting for new hd. post your complaints there.

Better ways to put it.

believe me i said it nicely. next time i'll let others respond. if i offended you i apologize. that wasn't my intention. the comment was for all of us including myself. that's why i used the word we. again sorry for not putting it better.

While it may be the most REQUESTED channel, that doesn't mean it's the most watched, or the one from which D* makes the most $$. CNN was available first so it is in HD already, as is FoxBiz. But when there is limited bandwith, D* has to make decisions. I doubt that Fox is charging any more for HD, but with all the other HD coming online a tiny feather may sway their ultimate action. Clearly D* needs all the bandwith it can muster during football for ST. Maybe once D11 is fully operational and football season ends, FN HD will appear. I have no inside knowledge, I'm just adding up the pieces. ":cool:

Oh... and one more thing. The issue I believe was referred to earlier is that there are multiple, multiple posts started on this same subject. HTH.

believe me i said it nicely. next time i'll let others respond. if i offended you i apologize. that wasn't my intention. the comment was for all of us including myself. that's why i used the word we. again sorry for not putting it better.

I thought you were VERY judicious in your words. I would not have been!

While it may be the most REQUESTED channel, that doesn't mean it's the most watched, or the one from which D* makes the most $$. .
While I have no idea how much money D* would make from having Fox news up in HD, it IS the number 1 watched cable news service according to the ratings. There is a reason people are requesting it.

That said, I agree with Rey, there are many threads open that cover this subject already.

breaking away

I was just trying to get away from some of the threads that have 300 feed back. Thank you for being a man and getting back. Some times if you go back and look at feed back from members you just read it and go on your way. Some members are just mean. To the member that said he would not have been that nice i have seen some of your threads are you mad at the world. If we went SatelliteGuys to keep growing we as members need to be nice.:)

Still, you would think that if they were going to add this channel, it would be now, while we're in the middle of what's probably the most hyped (and watched) election ever...

While I have no idea how much money D* would make from having Fox news up in HD, it IS the number 1 watched cable news service according to the ratings. There is a reason people are requesting it.

That said, I agree with Rey, there are many threads open that cover this subject already.

thank you. that was all i was trying to say and i was trying to be as nice as possible. still what doesn't bother some will sometimes bother others and i respect that.:up i have no problem apologizing if i offended someone. to say that most members aren't nice isn't accurate either. lots of members here are good people and help others without asking anything in return. :)

HD news?

I always thought it was the content of the ideas. Where is Walter Cronkite when we need him? Chet Huntly and David Brinkley? Even William Buckley. All did fine without HD.

Joe

I was just trying to get away from some of the threads that have 300 feed back. Thank you for being a man and getting back. Some times if you go back and look at feed back from members you just read it and go on your way. Some members are just mean. To the member that said he would not have been that nice i have seen some of your threads are you mad at the world. If we went SatelliteGuys to keep growing we as members need to be nice.:)

If you are referring to me, I said I would not have been as JUDICIOUS in my words. How is that mean? Also, I am hardly mad at the world. What generally gets me going are posters that have no idea what they are talking about, or are so entwined in a philosophy that they can not see any view but their own. Included in these groups are the extreme right and left. That, and those that start new posts when there are already MANY on the exact same subject!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)